X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching Design for Nationalities

Having started at a design company in Shanghai, I've been getting a major crash-course in cultural differences when it comes to design imagery, layout, colors and font.

We are currently working on a project that will be targeting countries here in the Far East, Latin America and the Middle East. I'm wading through what I can find online to research how each country approaches and relates to design, but I also wanted to check in here.

Does anyone have a particular resource you've found useful for gaining better knowledge of cultural design?

I did find this thread here that helped explore the approach in general: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ural+influence

You not only have to study their approach to design, you really need to know what is morally or especially religiously offensive to them. For example, in parts of the Middle East it is incredibly insulting to show someone the sole of you foot or shoe.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm needing. I was hoping that there might be a better source of cultural design information beyond just flailing around on the worldwide web.

Comment

Just in case it helps anyone else, I did find some good starting points in this article: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design...raphic-design/

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X