Researching Design for Nationalities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching Design for Nationalities

Having started at a design company in Shanghai, I've been getting a major crash-course in cultural differences when it comes to design imagery, layout, colors and font.

We are currently working on a project that will be targeting countries here in the Far East, Latin America and the Middle East. I'm wading through what I can find online to research how each country approaches and relates to design, but I also wanted to check in here.

Does anyone have a particular resource you've found useful for gaining better knowledge of cultural design?

I did find this thread here that helped explore the approach in general: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ural+influence

You not only have to study their approach to design, you really need to know what is morally or especially religiously offensive to them. For example, in parts of the Middle East it is incredibly insulting to show someone the sole of you foot or shoe.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm needing. I was hoping that there might be a better source of cultural design information beyond just flailing around on the worldwide web.

Comment

Just in case it helps anyone else, I did find some good starting points in this article: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/design...raphic-design/

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• corabict
          Comment on Classrom Ads Projects
          corabict
          That;s true and it's sensible, but it's hard because for someone that's not a pro or a beginner as myself doing good design is accidental , there's always a room for improvement. So when he gets no feedback...
          Today, 03:10 AM
        • schteeeeve
          Reply to Text only printer?
          schteeeeve
          Hey PD. Cheers for replying. I posted the above a tad tired so I'll try to clear up your questions...

So about the purpose of the machine. It's only job really is to make sure that letters...
          Today, 02:42 AM
        • B
          Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
          B
          My definition of data visualization is just that, the visualization of data. This could be anything from a simple Excel pie chart to something as elaborate as what the OP posted. I don't know how you've...
          Today, 12:29 AM
        • bigdata
          Reply to Help Recreating this Type of Graphic: Any software suggestions
          bigdata
          Apologies for taking this much of the OP's thread and I get what you guys are saying.

But data visualization is about the flow of data from there to there.

The examples posted...
          Yesterday, 10:28 PM
        • B
          Reply to Perfect union of triangles
          B
          If it were me, I'd use a 3D app.
          Yesterday, 10:18 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X