X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of MLB logos for......

a non-profit organiztion's site. It for for the Dothan Miracle League (miracleleague.com), which is a League for disabled or handicapped children to play baseball, it is very state of art as far as handicap accessible, and field designed for them. The use (like most teeBall) teams MLB team names and logos and are actually sponsored by some MLB teams and players, but cant find my old files of the MLB logos that I got off of brandsoftheworld.com along time ago, before they remved them. Im in search of the lgos:

The Braves
    TheCadinals
    The Dodgers
    The Angels
    The Phillies
    The Rays
    The Orioles
    The Pirates
    The Yankees
    The Red Sox
    The Royals &
    The White Sox

I would prefer vector art or high res art, and am not asking you to hand them over if you have them, just asking for a little guidance on where I may acquire these quickly before the site launches tomorrow or Friday. I know they are copyright images and am not asking anyone to break the law, "I" am personally asking advice on information, so if anything, do it for the handicapped kids that play at our Miracle League Field....Thanks in advance

Drew

You would need to contact the teams' marketing departments for the logos and for permission. That will take a while, big companies are notoriously slow to respond to requests like that.

blog/portfolio

Comment

You could try going to the MLB direct, instead of dealing with each team. The teams don't own their logos, the MLB does.
      I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

How would I go about doing that....If it's a process of calling, mailing or email, and waiting on approval, time is a factor and might not be able to go that route...But thanks for the info

Comment

You either go it or don't use it.
          Even for a non-profit or charity event.
          Team contact page:
          http://mlb.mlb.com/team/index.jsp

Comment

Don't take offense, but you/your client should have been thinking about that from the beginning of the project and not waiting until the 11th hour.

blog/portfolio

Comment

It's not the client its me wanting to make the UI easier for users to click on their team logo to access the roster and team database, JUST FYI!

Comment

I guess I dont do it then (contact 12 team's reps to POSSIBLY get logos), It seems most people want to tell me what direction I need to go and I want to go, but are missing the deadline factor, and that, a quick...maybe "check here at www.?????.com." That would be nice, but understand peoples stances on copyright stuff. Im not asking for for you to email me the logos from your collection, maybe some direction on how to get them.....WITHOUT MAKING A PHONE CALL. the posts looks like everyone has turned into attorneys instead of designers helping designers. If you dont want to publicly published a post...email me at *email deleted*

And if your thinking of posting your need to follow protocol or contact the MLB....just save it for your next rant
                Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 03-09-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

designers don't help designers skirt the law...we're helping you stay out of legal trouble. I'd be thankful! The posts above did give you some direction. You just don't like the direction you've got to take. Here's another option then...check here at www.google.com
                  Last edited by Bladez; 03-09-2011, 05:28 PM.
                  Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
                  | Karl Marx |

A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.
                  | Guy Fawkes |

| flickr |

Comment

Hey no fair, I didn't even get a first rant!

I think us trying to keep you from getting sued falls under the category of "designers helping designers."

Comment

Sounds like you are asking people to send you their logos, though you keep saying you aren't. I mean, you went so far as to list every logo you need. We don't allow people to solicit others' copyrighted material. It's not that we think we're lawyers, we're just trying to help you avoid them (and avoid them ourselves).
                      Last edited by Virgo Nightingale; 03-09-2011, 05:41 PM.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Let me find that magical button that says "GET LOGOS HERE"... oh wait, there is no easy button for that.

Comment

What's the big deal about making a phone call? It's your job isn't it? I don't get it.

Comment

14 teams...across the country...site goes live locally tomorrow...chances are not getting logos for a week. What's not to understand?

Oh well...it was worth a shot...but contacted miracleleague and they sent me the vector files that was provided to them by the MLB (for anyone who cares, seems nobody does because I think I am talking to legal advisers)

Don't get me wrong, but if you think contacting each and every major league team is a reasonable idea to get 14 logos by tomorrow, you need to read before posting. I also didn't specifically ask for ripped off logos, just help in acquiring them...thats all....now everyone has a topic to discuss at the next BAR association meeting

Comment

Now I'm really confused, I thought you were Miracle League??

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X