Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procuring images (political figures)

Hi there,

I'm working on a task for a client that requires me to procure 4 images of political figures, at high resolution with the proper licence for their use on bus shelter advertisements.

Specifically, I'm looking for two images of David Cameron (UK Prime Minister), one of Nick Clegg (UK Coalition Prime Minister) and one of them together.

Thus far, I've found only Getty to have suitable images and rights and their fees are understandably high. The client wasn't scared off by the cost of the images (around 1000 each) for this project, but I'm sure that other suitable images may be available for slightly less.

Can anybody advise as to where I might find them?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex.

answered my own question...

found that corbis was much cheaper (around half the price) for a very similar licence.

Comment

Be very careful here. Talk to Corbis about using those images in the way you intend to use them. There is a thing called Rights of Publicity. Just buying an image using the general purchase agreement does NOT grant you those much beyond editorial use. And if you think $1000 is a lot for an image, you haven't seen what a full public figure 'Model Release" costs...

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X