Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procuring images (political figures)

Hi there,

I'm working on a task for a client that requires me to procure 4 images of political figures, at high resolution with the proper licence for their use on bus shelter advertisements.

Specifically, I'm looking for two images of David Cameron (UK Prime Minister), one of Nick Clegg (UK Coalition Prime Minister) and one of them together.

Thus far, I've found only Getty to have suitable images and rights and their fees are understandably high. The client wasn't scared off by the cost of the images (around 1000 each) for this project, but I'm sure that other suitable images may be available for slightly less.

Can anybody advise as to where I might find them?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex.

answered my own question...

found that corbis was much cheaper (around half the price) for a very similar licence.

Comment

Be very careful here. Talk to Corbis about using those images in the way you intend to use them. There is a thing called Rights of Publicity. Just buying an image using the general purchase agreement does NOT grant you those much beyond editorial use. And if you think $1000 is a lot for an image, you haven't seen what a full public figure 'Model Release" costs...

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MareC
        Reply to Presentations make me nervous!
        MareC
        Hang in there, CoolRuler. You are describing me in my teens, 20s and 30s. It was so bad that I couldn't order a hamburger at a fast-food joint without my voice cracking, and my high-school English teacher...
        Today, 04:56 PM
      • coolruler
        Reply to Presentations make me nervous!
        coolruler
        I think I ultimately feel as if im being graded on my presentation, which then adds pressure to a point where I have a brain fart. Again, im fine in groups, talking loudly and such. Its just when I hit...
        Today, 04:51 PM
      • seamas
        Comment on music distracting?
        seamas
        It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't twice a week for YEARS.

One reason I can't listen to contemporary pop music radio is the limited playlists.

Hearing the same songs over and...
        Today, 04:51 PM
      • seamas
        Comment on Need help with making lights - Photoshop CS5
        seamas
        Yep.
        Photoshop isn't gonna do this by itself--knowing how to draw is what matters. Photoshop is just a tool to facilitate it.
        Today, 04:40 PM
      • seamas
        Reply to Need help with making lights - Photoshop CS5
        seamas
        Not to change the subject but could the kerning on RSVP be done any worse??

I pray no one paid for this.
        Today, 04:38 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X