X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Logos

check out these logos! they're great inspiration for optical illusion/dual meaning logos.
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1AIFRM...y-clever-logos

I love the Spartan logo.
    "Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
    -Steve Jobs

Comment

Good find, thanks for sharing that. I love things that make you look twice and reward the second glance.
      People will believe anything, which means I will believe anythingI want to start believing in things that have shapeliness and harmony.
      -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcher View Post
        I love the Spartan logo.

I do too it works great.
        My only issue is with this one and several others is they aren't logos for actual organizations. Every one I Google comes up for the logo and not the company.

I dunno, to me, the idea that the logo is actually used for its purpose (or went throught the actual client-designer pitfalls) means more to me.
        Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Those were some great marks, thanks.

Too bad they didn't include the best optical illusion/dual meaning logo ever
          Attached Files

Comment

Clever logos

It's easier to design a clever logo when you don't have to stick to a name,I'm trying to cleverly incorporate a bag and brush it's easier said than done! thanks for the interesting site though

Comment

Originally posted by ambigram View Post
              It's easier to design a clever logo when you don't have to stick to a name,I'm trying to cleverly incorporate a bag and brush it's easier said than done! thanks for the interesting site though
              Well good luck with that. If I eventually start my own GD business some day, I'm going to have a cool logo like one of these for my business.

Comment

I love that list and all but I agree, if there's no real client it's much easier to design a logo that designers like. You think up something cool logo, then make up a client for that cool logo. All you need then is for a new business owner looking for a name and logo to fall into your path.
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Kool View Post
                  Those were some great marks, thanks.

Too bad they didn't include the best optical illusion/dual meaning logo ever

That is the greatest piece of design ever.

Comment

Originally posted by dorito View Post
                    Well good luck with that. If I eventually start my own GD business some day, I'm going to have a cool logo like one of these for my business.
                    Good for you. If it's your business you can have any name you like and incorporate a cool logo on it.

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
                      I love that list and all but I agree, if there's no real client it's much easier to design a logo that designers like. You think up something cool logo, then make up a client for that cool logo. All you need then is for a new business owner looking for a name and logo to fall into your path.
                      I feel your pain. It can be very frustrating at times. Between what you think is cool and what they want their business to represent.

Comment

Cool and Clever.

I like the CHAD 2010 logo. The fact that it looks like a face gazing skyward only makes it more impactful (not really a word).

ChadM
                        ChadM - Photographer
                        ELITE IMAGE

Comment

I didn't think the CHAD logo was as effective as some of the other logos on this page. I didn't see it as easily.

I tried to design an optical illusion of a rabbit and a bat, but it didn't come out very well.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...rarts#/d3cru00

I couldn't get it to look like a rabbit AND a bat. I could only get it to look like a rabbit OR a bat. not both...

at least the name rabat is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by dorito View Post
                            I didn't think the CHAD logo was as effective as some of the other logos on this page. I didn't see it as easily.

I tried to design an optical illusion of a rabbit and a bat, but it didn't come out very well.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...rarts#/d3cru00

I couldn't get it to look like a rabbit AND a bat. I could only get it to look like a rabbit OR a bat. not both...

at least the name rabat is cool.
                            I do like the name RABAT - and yeah that's a tough logo to morph!!!
                            ChadM - Photographer
                            ELITE IMAGE

Comment

thanks. Yea making an optical illusion is even harder than it sounds.
                              Last edited by dorito; 04-02-2011, 12:29 AM.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X