Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Help - Which school? Art institute of vegas or community college Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pixelman
    Data merge in multiple text frames
    Pixelman
    I recently learned how to set up a datamerge with InDesign for some envelopes (thanks to you guys!) but here's a new twist on that.
    Imagine you have a single page with a number of text frames requiring...
    Yesterday, 11:56 PM
  • Danx
    In AI, there are some Pantone+ in the Colour Books, which one should I use?
    Danx
    I don't go to design schools, so I have no idea which should I use. I have Googled but found no answers... Can someone explain to me each one please.
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hello GDF community
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tim

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Hola!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF pixaeiro

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Yesterday, 10:31 PM
  • Lucifer
    InDesign and Illustrator - am I missing out?
    Lucifer
    Both these programs seem to be popular here. Rarely do I see someone talking about CorelDRAW. I've been using CorelDRAW for less than a month and I'm picking up stuff fast. I assume the Adobe suite is...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Which school? Art institute of vegas or community college

Have anyone went to a art inst of some state?
    pros/cons?
    waste of money?
    or is it hands on, do you learn anything?
    art institute of vegas has a 98percent job find within 6months of graduation..

or should i just attend http://sites.csn.edu/cg/index.htm community college?

I always question a job find rate that high. Especially 98%.
    Ask them what kind of jobs and if that 98% is across the board or only for one particular course of study. Ask them if they are permanent positions, temp positions, or paid/unpaid internships. Ask them how many of their students are still in the industry after 1 year, 5 years, 10 years.

I had a statistics teacher who always liked to point out that Ivory soap has "99-44/100% Pure" on the label. Pure WHAT though.?
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 03-27-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

hmm

Anyone went to AI or know of someone that has?
      May just consider the CC..

Comment

I know someone at the AI in Chicago. He seems to like it.

Comment

ok thanks ZHGD.. I was making sure they had a class on pre-press they both do.. So, hmm..

Comment

I haven't heard good things about art institutes. art institute of chicago is not affiliated with the art institute chain of "art institute of (insert city name)". If you want to get a bachelors degree without getting into a lot of debt, I would go to College of the Ozarks in Missouri. They have a work study program that pays for your tuition. You have to spend a lot of time working there, though. if you work 20 hours a week throughout the school year and 40 hours a week in the summer, that will pay for your tuition and room and board as far as I understand. I considered going there for graphics design, but I looked at their curriculum online and they seemed a little dated in comparison to other schools. no web design or technology pretty much. It sounds like old school style design. I might be a little wrong about it though. Maybe you should check it out. They're designed to help students graduate without debt.
            Last edited by dorito; 03-30-2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

I am in the Associates program at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, online division. Personally, I LOVE when people comment about a school they haven't gone to. Most of the info you find on the AI schools has to do with people who are not motivated to learn and want a teacher to spoonfeed you information and give you good grades.

Personally, I work my A$$ off every week for school. The exercises, readings, and assignments that i do are not easy and require the same amount of time that an "on the ground" school takes. The difference is...I can go to school in my bathrobe.

But, here is the key, you have to be willing to work and learn...Does that sound like any other school you know? Oh I know...all of them. The key to AI is this...you must be a self starter. If not...you won't learn a thing...kind of sounds like any school.
              "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X