Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jessica21
    Steampunk Tea Brand Logo Critique- Trying to choose final concept
    jessica21
    Hello All,

Background:
    I am making a logo for my boyfriend's tea company, Starlight Tea. It sells high quality loose leaf tea, will have a website, and be in a local cafe (it's more...
    Today, 05:52 AM
  • Buda
    How to cut down on meetings?
    Buda
    I have a client who I am going to design a book for. I met with her about 4-5 months ago to discuss. She emails me each month to tell me she hasn't advanced any further on the project. She's been overseas...
    Today, 05:25 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    skribe
    It sounds to me like you are hitting a retina issue. When I look at your site the graphics look fine to me on my 25" monitor. I just googled "SquareSpace Retina Support" and quickly...
    Today, 05:24 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to First job out of college, totally overwhelmed and need advice
    Buda
    I have to add, please ask questions if you are unsure. Even confirmation is good so that you know you are on track.

I have a junior designer that never asks questions. He just battles through...
    Today, 04:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crisp web graphics, how?
    Buda
    I agree with b, make the images the size you require, then save for web choosing a fairly high setting if that is important to you.
    Today, 04:34 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawing on a touchscreen monitor?

Hello

(hope this is posted to the right forum spot)

I am a long time web developer but weak in graphics, and looking to improve my skills.

I have tried a tablet in the past but found it impossible to follow lines on the screen while drawing on the tablet.

The wacom cintiq sounds like the right item, but the price tag is waaay high, so I am wondering if it is a reasonable option to get a cheaper touchscreen monitor, maybe $2-300, and drawing directly on that in photoshop.

If this is an ok idea, I also have another tech issue, currently using quad monitors with a matrox quad head, and would need to put another pci display card. I think windows 7 would handle that ok, but looking ahead to possible gotcha's...

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers
    Mike

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
Working...
X