Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to What font is this?
    Red Kittie Kat
    Looks like Berling LTStd Bold... with a funky T. It's either been altered or from a different font.
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls & Florals

Do you usually design them yourself, or use a set of custom ones instead ? If you do make them yourself, what's your software of choice in doing so ?
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Illustrator. Learn to use the pen tool.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by budafist View Post
      Learn to use the pen tool.
      I'm already on it, but it can be a real pain sometimes. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon. How come isn't the polygonal lasso tool included in Illustrator CS 5 ?

Comment

Create one. Use again.
        Create a stroke/brush you can use as a swirl, draw line/shape with pen tool and use stroke (like a thin triangle).

I think I posted an outline view of one of my Ivy projects a few years back on here…in Crit Pit, maybe. Will try to look for it.

not sure if that is what you meant. I drew some from scratch, many are repeats and some are repeats and swap with other bit and pieces. A few pieces are shapes I found free but there is so much overlaps.
        Create shapes to reuse.
        some Fonts have shapes like these.
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=35713
          Dribbble Page
          Behance Portfolio
          Linkedin Profile

Comment

Another member had posted this tutorial on how to make some of these shapes:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...light=flourish

blog/portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6 View Post
              not sure if that is what you meant. I drew some from scratch, many are repeats and some are repeats and swap with other bit and pieces. A few pieces are shapes I found free but there is so much overlaps.
              Create shapes to reuse.
              some Fonts have shapes like these.
              Yeap, that's what I meant. Yours are really nice.

Originally posted by Virgo Nightingale View Post
              Another member had posted this tutorial on how to make some of these shapes:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...light=flourish
              Thanks for posting the link, Virgo. I've been playing around in Illustrator and I Know one thing. Spiral tool is your friend!

Comment

Thanks for posting those links. Personally, my swilrs and such leave a bit to be desired, to something else to play with is very cool.
                "Go ahead, make your logos in PS. We charge extra money to redraw your logo into vector art so it can be printed on promotional product. Cha CHING! " - CCericola

Comment

I personally avoid them completely like the cliche-laden graphic solution that they have become.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X