Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Buda
    Is the company name still The Fitness Doctors? The latest logo doesn't show this.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    Buda
    Oh lala, if your summer is ending, that means my winter is ending.

Amazing pirate mermaid wedding! I went to a pirate birthday party on a boat once but that doesn't even compare to a wedding....
    Today, 03:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    salsa
    If it were me, I'd just write off all the work done so far as pro bono. Like several others already mentioned, I do all family work for free and if they want to pay me then that's an extra bonus.
    Today, 03:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    Kayekaye
    I had inlaws approach me for a logo and website. What a nightmare. They are a married professional couple and said "Of course we would pay you, $___ (an amount that barely covers 2 hours of work)...
    Today, 03:07 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to Need help identifying Font
    garricks
    You'll be surprised. To do WELL, that is....
    Today, 01:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlexiSign Ouline Issue

I figure this is probably not the right thread.. But considering my choices, I assume this is the best place to start..

I have a Simple yet complex issue.. I have a 44 inch plotter running FlexiPro 8, that I bought a few months back.

Everything works fantastic, but the issue I am having is when I design something that I want to shadow or outline I cant seem to get the production manager to keep the sizes correct.

For instance, I design a logo that has a drop outline.. Logo Red, Outline White.. Highlight the red, send to production manager, and cut in red.. Go back highlight the white and send to production manager, and production manager allways changes the sizes.. Even if I try to re adjust it and manually do the dimensions, the outline will never be right.. what am I doing wrong?

I searched the threads for a quick answer, but honestly, after searching (Outline, Production manager size issue, Etc..) I couldnt find an answer..

I appreciate and and all help that anyone provides.. Thanks again..

WiL

Try making the outline some other color, ie not white.

Comment

it doesnt matter.. That was for example only.. The logo I am doing is actually carbon fiber letters, with a slight blue outline.. When I send the logo production manager slightly changes the dimensions.. so when I send the outline to production manager, Its imposible to figure out what it needs to be size wise, because the original logo was changed by production manager.. In other words, production manager wont let me specifically modifiy sizes.. I can just make larger or smaller, but it decides the incriments.. instead of actually letting me put specific dimensions

Comment

I knew there was a reason I use Signlab and not Flexi.
        Let me check something...

Comment

Do you have
          "Fit to Media" checked in the General Tab of your plot cut dialog box?
          If so, uncheck it.

Comment

Its unchecked.. But, with that being said, when I adjust the size right above that, it jumps in increments I have no control over.. So when I send something and its supposed to be say 12" by 6" it will end up being like 11.072 by 5.083 and if Iclick the size to increase it goes to 12.043 by 6.073 (something to that effect) instead of me just being able to be specific.. If I adjust manually, it adjusts both,like Iveinstructed to keep proportion.. I love this Program.. and is truly te only downfall Ive come across..

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X