Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• neeru_m
    Reply to Need help with logo
    neeru_m
    Thanks Amit for your suggestions. I'll try to improve my logo...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to Music album cover
    AmitMan
    I like the grunge style here. Its a little hard to read at times, especially with the white text on black.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff!
    Today, 03:29 AM
  • AmitMan
    AmitMan
    I think I see what your trying to do with the underline, but I don't think its working in this case. A simple underline can help to add distance between a title and say a headline and can also make the...
    Today, 03:25 AM
  • AmitMan
    Reply to :::-----What's the graphic standards logo ------:::
    AmitMan
    I've heard of checklists and similar documents used for say ensuring your file is print ready (ensuring all digital images are at least 300dpi, file formats are corrects, appropriate bleeds etc.) but...
    Today, 03:11 AM
  • neeru_m
    neeru_m
    Sorry I just forget to mention. Its a Graphic and Web Design company logo. And the major symbol is a combination of "D" and "L" which is the first letter of company name "Design...
    Today, 02:57 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for image resources

hi everyone!
    i'm not a graphic designer, but i'm interested in creating images for wedding invitations, signatures, logos, etc. so very simple things.
    i've looked through the resources sticky, but i'm not finding images that really suit this genre.

i need images that almost look like their stamped on or are drawings.
    any thoughts?

thanks so much

Hi Verymegv. When you say you need images, what do you mean? There are stock image websites out there but most of them do not allow usage for logo designs.

Or do you mean that you are looking for a style of design such as letterpress? Google image search "letterpress invitations".

You'll need to either find a local letterpress printer or a designer that will design in letterpress style that you can print using a regular offset or digital printer. It's fairly simple to fake a letterpress style if you aren't worried about the tactile indented quality of letterpress. Just use solids, classic fonts, a very limited colour palette, even just 1 colour and use a luxurious card stock.

When you have a moment, please have a read through these threads. Everything from rules, to FAQs to info on how the forum runs is in there.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

hi! i meant like in the image attached, where could i find a picture of a crown. or similar things.

i'm not interested in printing the invitations etc, but just creating the graphics for them

Comment

Are you interested in creating graphics?

Or are you interested in finding graphics (or commissioning artists to illustrate) and reselling them?

As an illustrator, I get out my pen and notebook and start drawing. Once I get to a stage where I quite like the design, for something like the sample you posted, I'd scan it, open it up in Illustrator and pen tool it. It's probably printed in gold ink and then embossed, but I suppose you aren't interested in the printing process. To make something appear to be embossed in Photoshop, you can use the emboss blending options. The text I would type up in any layout programme, my choice being Indesign.

If you are looking for stock images then there are many image sites out there. Just type in "stock photo" into Google. Make sure you read the license though as many of those sites do not allow use of image for resale or templates.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

If you're not a graphic designer, what makes you think you can design something that will be prinatable????

What do you do for your regular day job?

Comment

you need to search over internet through search engines, there you find lots of stock images for you desire work.

Comment

What you are looking for are called ornaments. The issue is many of them you'll need licenses for - many are not free. Even the free ones typically have limitations.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X