X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright for font

not sure if this is an appropriate question but is it possible to copyright a font that you have invented?

not do you go about it if it were possible?

Copyright exists from the moment of it coming into existence. If you developed it it's yours. You don't need to register for copyright to put a copyright symbol on it.

You would need to come up with licensing and I don't know how that's done? <b> on here I think made a font before? Perhaps he'll chime in?

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

You can't copyright the alphabet.
      You can only copyright the specific code that makes up your font, for which you need to come up with usage licensing.
      You do need to register it before you ever need to go to court for infringement.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver View Post
        You can't copyright the alphabet.
        I've had a patent pending for quite a while now...

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

as i know that you cannot copyright the design of the font, but you CAN copyright the PostScript program or TrueType data that draws it.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X