X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Dreamweaver with another software

Is there another software that is not as expensive as Dreamweaver that can be used to edit a web site that was created in Dreamweaver. I don't know HTML, so please don't suggest HTML, I've had that suggested to me. The changes I need to make are minor changes, like adding text and a link to another page, etc. I have Front Page 2000 and that is not working very well for editing Dreamweaver.

I know you said don't say HTML, but seriously, the little amount of work you need to do it would be so simple. What you need is a text/html editor that colorizes the code. It will be so easy once you open it up. you'll see the text that is not code in one color and links in a different one.
    But if not, i think coffeecup is supposed ot be good, although i've never tried it.

Ordinary Life is Pretty Complex Stuff

Comment

Ok, you have tweak my interest, what is the name of the easy HTNL editor.
      Is this an HTML editor for Dummies like me.

Comment

Well, It's been a while since i've used one, I use Dreamweaver and pick at the code there when i need to. If you have firefox, you can view the page source under (view>page source) that has the color coding like i mentioned.

I think i used bbedit before, but don't remember it costing anything..now it does but you can try the demo at least.
        www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/index.shtml

technically, you can use text editor but you won't get the cool color coding which is really helpful.

also, go to these places for simple no frills html tutorials:
        www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
        &
        webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/authoring/html_basics/

go for it, you'll see in no time it's easier than you think.

Ordinary Life is Pretty Complex Stuff

Comment

Thanks, I will try your suggestion and let you know how I made out.

Comment

Macromedia makes a program called Contribute.
            It's made specifically for updating web pages made in dreamweaver, but it's not limited to only Dreamweaver pages. Also, it'll only run you about $99, which is pretty cheap.

Look into that.

...just wanted to add -it's also specifically made for people who don't really know anything about HTML or coding in general. It allows you to basically select certain areas of the page to edit as you wish.

Post Edited (Akewz) : 2/15/2005 2:26:12 AM GMT

Comment

Thanks to you also will check out Contribute.

Comment

Does Macromedia still have HomeSite. I used it when it was owned by Allaire. I hope Macromedia didn't phase it out after they bought it. It was a great editor.

Free iPod (explanation)
                ProudPenguin
                P r o d u c t i o n s

Comment

I don't know, but I would assume they do since Dreamweaver MX 2004 comes with Homesite+, which is basically Homesite 5.5, but with additional functionality for application development.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X