Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to where is a good place to get foil business cards done?
    PrintDriver
    Where in the world might you be located?

Also, if in the US, do you have a reseller's tax ID so you can get wholesale pricing (if sales tax on goods is required in your state)?
    Today, 04:48 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Catalog Design
    kemingMatters
    OOPS, I didn't even notice that it was in the web design forum... Stupid not allowed to have caffeine right now...
    Today, 04:33 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Catalog Design
    <b>
    Since this is in the "Web Design" forum, are we talking about an online catalog or print?
    Today, 03:53 PM
  • berbes
    where is a good place to get foil business cards done?
    berbes
    i have a new client who wants foiled business cards (for their logo). they told me the price they got from their old GD was 13 cents per card @ 10k, but that is about the best price i can get before markup....
    Today, 02:23 PM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    I see. I guess I was too worried that if I used a thicker type face, it will compete with the name too much. I could definitely try though....
    Today, 02:20 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to find freelance briefs

Does anyone know of any good websites for finding paid work? I need something to bolster my portfolio with a bit of variation but I want to avoid crowd sourcing sites. Are there any websites that you can pitch for briefs?

Personally I would suggest pounding the pavement. Talk to some local business owners, they might have something they were thinking of doing but haven't put into action, sometimes that's all it takes.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

I've tried online sites (elance, odesk, even this site) and have had zero luck. I've noticed that a lot of people aren't willing to spend much money on design work. I can't tell you how many postings I've seen on odesk that have a budget of like $20 and want tons of work.

I mean, if you are just looking for portfolio work and don't need the money, you may want to consider them. They haven't worked out for me though...
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Good idea, i'm in the same boat. I'm in between jobs here in Cincinnati and i'm going to do a bit of freelance to spice up my portfolio.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X