Places to find freelance briefs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to find freelance briefs

Does anyone know of any good websites for finding paid work? I need something to bolster my portfolio with a bit of variation but I want to avoid crowd sourcing sites. Are there any websites that you can pitch for briefs?

Personally I would suggest pounding the pavement. Talk to some local business owners, they might have something they were thinking of doing but haven't put into action, sometimes that's all it takes.
    Design is not decoration.

Comment

Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

I've tried online sites (elance, odesk, even this site) and have had zero luck. I've noticed that a lot of people aren't willing to spend much money on design work. I can't tell you how many postings I've seen on odesk that have a budget of like $20 and want tons of work.

I mean, if you are just looking for portfolio work and don't need the money, you may want to consider them. They haven't worked out for me though...
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Good idea, i'm in the same boat. I'm in between jobs here in Cincinnati and i'm going to do a bit of freelance to spice up my portfolio.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
          Reply to Why do people devalue graphic designers?
          B
          It's an old thread, but I'll jump in.

1. Too many people regard designers as simply being those with the tool-using skills to implement client ideas and make suggestions about making things...
          Yesterday, 10:52 PM
        • B
          Reply to Instruction sheet design. Feedback much appreciated.
          B
          Looks nice, but as Kayekaye said, the shadows need some work. Shadows are never an even gray. In the real world, the shadows very close to where the balls meet the surface would be nearly black and fade...
          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
        • B
          Reply to Tips for starting bachelor
          B
          I'll suggest soaking up everything you're told -- even when it's with a grain of salt. At this point your professors know more than you, and there'll be plenty of time a ways down the road (when you've...
          Yesterday, 10:21 PM
        • B
          Reply to Typesetting. Can you spot my obsession?
          B
          I don't think today's typesetting is comparable to Gutenberg's work. It's a bit like comparing the Wright brothers to contemporary aviation engineers. Both Gutenberg and the Wright brothers made huge,...
          Yesterday, 10:08 PM
        • Kayekaye
          Reply to I need your critiques
          Kayekaye
          If this is for you as a designer its is way too busy. Do some research and design a much more streamlined layout based on a grid.
          Yesterday, 09:46 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X