Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a good place to print a custom business card!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good place to print a custom business card!?!

Hello all. I'm a newbie here but I need some help.

I need to have some custom business cards printed for my boss. Problem he is picky so I need these specifications.

16pt Silk laminate paper
    Double sided color
    Spot UV coating on both sides
    AND a custom size of 2.25x2.5

I have all of the artwork.

Does anyone know of a good place that will do all of this for not a lot of $$$$?

Thanks!

knowing where you're located might help a bit.

Comment

You should call some local printers for quotes, they all have sources. And it's going to cost $$$$, that's just the way it is. Business cards don't get any pricier than those specs. I have a client that does round, black glascote with one foil on the front and K on the back and 500 cards are in the hundreds.

Comment

When I have a client that wants all the bells and whistles yet doesn't have a clue what it costs, I get them a quote as they want it and then a rough quote for standard ones.

It's up to them to decide exactly how much they want those bells and whistles.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Why the custom size? As someone who has been in the printing industry for more than two decades, I highly recommend against it. We've done odd size business cards in the past, but the customer almost always ends up getting some printed standard size. They all say the same thing - they don't fit in wallets, don't fit in a rolodex, etc.
          http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

What if it doesn't belong in a Rolodex?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YBxeDN4tbk

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the help. I was just looking at the internet sites that mail them out but I might see if any printers here in Wichita KS do spot UV. I think I might have him convinced though to do a slim cut that is more standard. He just has to pay me to re-do it.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Comment

I know there is this place that I've used in the past. Not sure if they do anything but standard size though.

http://www.uvcards.com/
                http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3wCorner
                  Reply to Beauty in Graphic Design
                  3wCorner
                  You know when you see it. That's the beauty in graphic design.
                  Today, 02:54 PM
                • 3wCorner
                  Reply to Why do people devalue graphic designers?
                  3wCorner
                  Just don't mind them. There are pros and cons when you become a freelancer. But, just do the best you can and eventually you will get results at the end making a good impression and reputation as a f...
                  Today, 02:51 PM
                • PrintDriver
                  Reply to Need advice in buying a printer
                  PrintDriver
                  First, give up on the idea of providing a client a printout of 'what they will be getting'
                  You can give them a general idea but not a color accurate one.
                  There is no way you are going to get...
                  Today, 02:46 PM
                • 3wCorner
                  Reply to How to handle freelance work
                  3wCorner
                  Conduct a survey on what is the average salary of a graphic designer in your area per project. You can use these range in giving your service fee per project.
                  Today, 02:44 PM
                • 3wCorner
                  Reply to Questions about your graphic design CV
                  3wCorner
                  ​1.Which is a better format for your resume? .doc or .pdf?

I usually use .doc file in sending resume. But to be safe, read carefully the details in sending your resume for applying...
                  Today, 02:40 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                Working...
                X