X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guru dot com question . . .

I learned about guru.com on this site and have registered there as a basic user. I have filled out the profile and have started receiving email notices about jobs that fit my profile. All this is very exciting, and I want to take the next step to become a Guru/Vendor status.

Ok, finally my question:

Does anyone else here use this site for freelance work? How reliable is it for consisistant work? I'm ready to take the next step and up my freelance load to become (hopefully) full time. How hard is the bidding process? Anyone with info, please share as I don't want to spend any unneccesary money that leads to a dead end.

Thanks!!

You don't know what you don't know.

hey,
    I am not sure about guru.com but I did subscribe for a month on selectadesigner.com
    i did not get anythign from it in that one month period. I found that people would bid, whic they would make really low unrealistic bids. and each job had aend date but all the ones i even bid on the end date passed and it was never closed... not sure what was going on scam maybe I am not sure, i didnt really look into it before i subscribed, i thought i would try it out for a month and if nothing happen then cancel.
    You never know you could get one job from it and that would make up the costs for the subscription.
    take care and good luck.

Michelle, P.R.G.D.

'We strive to exceed your expectations'

Comment

Here is a blurb from the job

'We are looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a skilled graphic artist. Most of our training programs use powerpoint slides as visual reinforcement, and most really need to be updated and made to look more professional. This particular project supports a 90 minute training program we will deliver in early March. However, it is a precursor to a larger version of the program that we would like to develop. Ideally the graphic artist will transition from one project to the next.'

One thing I'm not sure about is how guru works. I need to invoice through guru per job. This lists additional work and I don't know if that would require guru's billing system or my own.

Comment

Testing 1, 2, 3. [echos]

Is this thing on?

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X