Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Presto Arts Game Studio Logo Idea 1
    KitchWitch
    The edit feature only works for a short time. If you need to add or change info, just comment. That's what we all have to do.
    Today, 01:38 AM
  • deniedaccess
    Photoshop Rectangle Stroke
    deniedaccess
    Hi,

When using the Rectangle Tool (set to Shape) and applying a stroke I get an unwanted bevel effect. How can I remove this so all lines are equal? Thanks.
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on How to say "No, it doesn't need to be re-branded"
    Buda
    In the '80s, I lived in a city with a lot of Maori people. When McDonald's opened up there, it was designed like a traditional Maori meeting house (marae) with wooden carvings of local Maori legend and...
    Today, 12:57 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Who's responsibility? Printing didn't come out in the expected color
    Buda
    Before you change all the files, you better get some proper printed proofs so that you know for sure that the colour you are changing the files to is correct.

How to get the colours you ...
    Today, 12:53 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Notes as design exercise
    Buda
    Ways to improve this:
    Turn off hyphenation or set it to words with 10 characters or more.
    Add automatic spacing after each paragraph. I use 2mm or 3mm.
    Headers would be a good idea....
    Today, 12:43 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography logo help...

Hey everyone!
    I'm making a logo for a lady in my church, who is setting up her own photography business. I posted some designs a while ago that she liked. But she just sent me links to designs that she likes.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76429739...ref=v1_other_2

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56446403...emade-logo-dot

She would like me to make something similar to these...she loves the dotted border. I, however, have no clue as how to make a dotted border. I've looked up dotted border brushes, but nothing is showing up.

I was wondering if anyone happened to have some tutorials, links, or advice, on how to make a dotted border similar to these?

Thanks!
    Peach

(I use Photoshop CS5, if that helps any...)

Use Illustrator to create vector art when making logos.

PHOTOshop is for editing PHOTOS.
    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

1. Close Photoshop
      2. Open Illustrator
      3. Make a box, assign it a dotted border.
      4. Profit

But, I'm not sure if I agree with someone finding a logo for sale online, then sending it to someone and saying "recreate this for me". Seems like if she found a logo she liked, she would purchase it from the person that created it.

Oh, and wow the kerning on that first one makes me cry...
      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

As Garricks said, use Illustrator to create a vector logo. Dotted lines are easy in Illustrator not so easy in Photoshop.

As for dotted lines and the referenced examples, despite what the client likes, they don't say "photography" to me. Instead, they look like home handicrafts or sewing logos. Of course it'll be her logo, so she has to like it, but still, I'd be presenting some alternatives to her for consideration, along with the logic for doing so.

Originally posted by Cosmo
        Oh, and wow the kerning on that first one makes me cry...
        That screamed out at me as well. I also wondered why anyone would choose a typeface like that. It's such a casual, klunky, and informal handwritten face, that it would have been better to just draw the letters and avoid the duplication of the characters within the name.

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
          As for dotted lines and the referenced examples, despite what the client likes, they don't say "photography" to me. Instead, they look like home handicrafts or sewing logos. Of course it'll be her logo, so she has to like it, but still, I'd be presenting some alternatives to her for consideration, along with the logic for doing so.
          To me it looks like the logo on every cupcake shop that is popping up on every corner...

Comment

Originally posted by <b> View Post
            I also wondered why anyone would choose a typeface like that. It's such a casual, klunky, and informal handwritten face, that it would have been better to just draw the letters and avoid the duplication of the characters within the name.
            Agreed. Whenever it makes sense to do it by hand, by all means do it by hand. It makes the finished product so much more unique and interesting.

Comment

Of course, that is a $30 logo, which is " provided in JPG/PNG format at 300dpi (perfect for printing needs as well!)", so....

Comment

Maybe her last name is St. Ewert?

I like this on the second one:
                Please note this is not OOAK Design (one of a kind) and this logo will be resold a limited number of times.
                If you want to make any type of changes in the text or colors they are available for an extra fee.
                Yeah, that makes it a logo...

However, from the OP it sounds like these are just examples of similar items and the OP is to come up with something entirely different but in the same genre. Just not in Photoshop please. Thank you.

Comment

Given that a successful career in photography would usually require a certain amount of taste and compositional skills, it seems odd that this photographer would be drawn to a cheesy $30 cupcakey embroidery pattern. I mean, she actually ran across this awful logo and said to herself, "That's just the look I want for myself." I don't get it.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                  Working...
                  X