Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one

hey how you guys doing!

quick question.. I'm thinking about taking graphic design next in college, and I want to start reading some books.

I'm looking at to books right now to buy.....which one would you recommend for a beginner?

1. Robin Williams 'Design Workshop'

or

2. Elizabeth Resnick 'Design for Communication: Conceptual Graphic Design Basics'

thanks!

I am not sure on these books,but my advice is the more the better. Take a look at your college program book list. And check out some websites like chapters graphic design section. Basically if your are thinking about graphic design, stick with the books that are more about designetc. compared to the history and nitty gritty stuff, this way you can see if it is what you want to do. here is a post on this about some stuff:
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/De...=139&itemid=31
    my advice Read all you can and try to do as much as you can to see if it is really what you want to do before you go to college. Best of luck

Michelle, P.R.G.D.

'We strive to exceed your expectations'

Comment

thanks Michelle for the advice and link!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X