Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one

hey how you guys doing!

quick question.. I'm thinking about taking graphic design next in college, and I want to start reading some books.

I'm looking at to books right now to buy.....which one would you recommend for a beginner?

1. Robin Williams 'Design Workshop'

or

2. Elizabeth Resnick 'Design for Communication: Conceptual Graphic Design Basics'

thanks!

I am not sure on these books,but my advice is the more the better. Take a look at your college program book list. And check out some websites like chapters graphic design section. Basically if your are thinking about graphic design, stick with the books that are more about designetc. compared to the history and nitty gritty stuff, this way you can see if it is what you want to do. here is a post on this about some stuff:
    http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/De...=139&itemid=31
    my advice Read all you can and try to do as much as you can to see if it is really what you want to do before you go to college. Best of luck

Michelle, P.R.G.D.

'We strive to exceed your expectations'

Comment

thanks Michelle for the advice and link!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
        Reply to Portfolio Question!
        PrintDriver
        If you are talking about a portfolio you have in a case and take with you to interviews where you will be doing a presentation of the work, a written blurb is not needed.

If you are talking...
        Today, 07:04 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Souq White Friday Campaign
        PrintDriver
        I guess I'm sort of confused. If Friday is a day of religious observance, aren't you going to run into a little bit of pushback on this?

Are you targeting the traditional type of Christmas...
        Today, 06:58 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to question about powerpoint custom slide sizing
        PrintDriver
        Your ppi is dependent on your print method.
        Where are you going to get a 142cm (56") square image printed? And on what?
        What is your final output purpose? Fine art or a short term poster?...
        Today, 06:56 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Please critique my work
        PrintDriver
        As far as stock is concerned, what works and what doesn't is entirely up to the project at hand.
        Do I like any of these better than the others? Sure. But what gets used isn't up to what I like....
        Today, 06:51 PM
      • zurichluck
        Reply to question about powerpoint custom slide sizing
        zurichluck
        thanks KitchWitch, very much appreciate your help as always. yes i see!

i would like to ask another question, which is at least 5 times less stupid than the last one. i am (eventually) going...
        Today, 06:50 PM

Incredible Stock
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X