X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting VHS to web compatible media

I'm not sure if this is the right category or not...

A client of mine wants to convert a few small VHS video clips into a web format to be placed on his website (ie: RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, etc). Does anyone know WHO can do that? I've called Kinkos, and they do not mess with VHS stuff. My client is near Tulsa, OK.

Thanks

The only can I chase is a cold COORS light!

I would just look up audio/video editors in your neck of the woods, or try a school of some sort, I know we had to do this in college but we used Director and a AV cam.

*CAUTION* Do not attempt to view while under the influence of drugs or alcohol

digitalcamwhore
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Thanks D-Frag. I used to have the technology to convert, but sadly those privies were taken away when the IT people felt the need to 'upgrade' my computer, which, by the way, now gives me friendly 'not enough resources' messages. *roll eyes here* lol

The only can I chase is a cold COORS light!

Comment

TRG, I recently got handed a video, a vcr and http://www.pinnaclesys.com/this hardware and software. I actually found it easy to convert and I got it done in less than an hour. If I remeber correctly they told me it cost less than $100 and I think they bought it at Radio Shack. It worked well for that project, but I was dealing with b/w boroscope video so quality wasn't that great to begin with. I used the Studio V9.3 and it is capable of exporting to MPEG and AVI formats. I didn't investigate the features of the program much, but I know it has transitions and such. Hope this helps.

blah blah blah blah blah blah
        I could give you a dose
        but it would never come close
        to the rage built up inside of me
        fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

I bought a cheap video capture card and captured from vhs to a uncompressed avi file, then i run it through discreet cleaner to get it into a useable web format. I have taken a 1gb uncompressed avi and made is less than 4mb (320x240 i believe) web format.

Allen

Allen Harkleroad
          'I didn't do it... You didn't see me... You can't prove a thing...'

Allen Harkleroad
          Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X