Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of August!!!
    kemingMatters
    While I'm sad to see it fall to the wayside I can understand. IMHO the forum has been slowing down quite a bit lately; a lot of regulars aren't as active anymore. I think we've been in decline since the...
    Today, 04:17 PM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Happy Last Friday of August!!!
    Red Kittie Kat
    I'm sorry to say the Friday Post is going on hiatus for a while. It's getting progressively difficult to make it entertaining for all of you. However if you happen to be a part of or see a thread that...
    Today, 03:44 PM
  • deniedaccess
    Reply to Adding Music to Graphics
    deniedaccess
    I'm using CS6 and have the timeline open but I don't see any options for that. Just the usual play/stop/new frame options.
    Today, 03:31 PM
  • Carlo
    Reply to Adding Music to Graphics
    Carlo
    See that you have your timeline panel open, it's under the window menu. In the timeline you can add audio depending on the version of photoshop you have
    Today, 03:25 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Cosmo
    This is why whenever I build a site for someone it goes up on my server. It only moves to their sever after they have paid.
    Today, 03:11 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock and Roll Art Question

I am looking for rock and roll design art. I like that kind of design and I want to practice. Where or how can I get some type of samples?

Google? It's a pretty vague question...

blog/portfolio

Comment

I'm looking for poster art, the lines and concept are unique in rock n roll art. I can't be more "unvague" because I don't have infomation about it. Plz be helpful next time

Comment

Originally posted by gtanime View Post
        Plz be helpful next time
        Hold on, let me get my mind-reading hat.

google is helpful if you cannot be more specific.
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Here's a great resource. I especially like the third answer: http://bit.ly/rOKoqQ
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I'm looking for poster art, the lines and concept are unique in rock n roll art. I can't be more "unvague" because I don't have infomation about it. Plz be helpful next time

The music you speak of has it's genesis in 1951 (when Rocket 88 was issued) so we are talking about 60 years of related art.

Your question was vague. Own up to it and treat people with respect.

Plz don't be a jerk.
            Heresy is a victimless crime.

Comment

Lol Garricks
              I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
              -Louisa May Alcott

Comment

For me to be more helpful, you need to be more helpful. As seamas mentions, there's a long history of rock and roll, and lots of art to go along with it that spans as many visual styles as there are styles of rock and roll. From simple 2-color record sleeve art from the '50s, to trippy psychedelic music festival posters from the late '60s to early '70s, to neon modern linear graphics in the '80s, to grungy plaid in the '90s, to the bling bling lens flare and outer glows of today.

Perhaps you can narrow down the time period or a musician in the very least?

blog/portfolio

Comment

posters.com

Comment

Plus, I don't think there are many design ideas that are truly unique to rock and roll posters. Concepts are borrowed from and influenced by various other trends and are available and used throughout other forms of visual communication, from ads for beer to packaging for deodorant.

blog/portfolio

Comment

Plz be respectful next time.

I can't believe I actually just typed "plz"...

But, here you go. Here is the answer to all your queries.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rock+and+roll+poster+art
                      http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

(pssst: Cosmo...Plz check post #5)
                        This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                        "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

n00bs being snippy, gotta love it

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                            (pssst: Cosmo...Plz check post #5)
                            Well, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike.

I guess that holds true for us as well...

http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

So you "like that kind of design" but don't know what it is?

Interesting... is that like saying you like Key Lime Pie without actually tasting it? I mean even if you've had a key lime before and an apple pie, you can't just imagine what they taste like together can you?
                              Wait... maybe you can... it's like some virtual space that you move into that allows the dimensions to merge and create a space that is Key Lime Pie tastes like space?

The only reason I can think of that you'd ask about finding something that you say you like.
                              I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X