Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this art style?

Newbie question:

Is there a name for the currently popular style of art which depicts the features of someone's face in two tones (black and white), using shadows to show shape? Also would be appreciated any links to good examples of this.

I've exhausted google image search, deviantart, shutterstock and haven't really found enough examples of what I'm looking for - the face looking directly at the camera, no head tilts.

Thanks

High contrast? Is there a certain medium you're after? It can be accomplished with photography, post-camera image manipulation, woodcut, and pretty much any other paint or illustration method.

Comment

pop art, I'm guessing you're referring to Andy Warhol type stuff
      Design is not decoration.

Comment

Yes..pop art is where I would head, also try posterization and/or silhouette. (didn't even come close to spelling that word correctly)

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X