Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on RIP: The Necrology Thread
    <b>
    As just a listener of music, his work with Cream, along with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker, have been among my most favorite pieces of music since I was just a kid. Somehow it always manages to surprise...
    Yesterday, 07:25 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Briefs

I'm looking to expand my portfolio. At the moment it in brimming with logo designs, a few business cards, book covers and posters but not much else.

Does anyone know of any sites online that offer free creative briefs to work from in order to enhance a portfolio? I did find one a while back and now I can't seem to find it?

Thanks

Have you applied anywhere locally as an intern? Lot's of briefs on a daily basis, plus you can work on real projects with real clients.

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

Yeah I have applied for a few positions both on a voluntary basis and also as a junior. I have had a few replies and have to wait for the positions to close to be considered.

Comment

What other kind of things would you like for your portfolio?

Comment

There are some briefs available here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=17133
          This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
          "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

I can't be the only one that thinks of silly men's underpants when I read "creative briefs" right?

Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

That's where I went, too, Squawky.
              Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Very funny

Looking to include some magazine layouts perhaps.

Thanks for that. Some really good exercises there

Comment

Those are boxers, silly! Briefs are tighty-whiteys or y-fronts, depending on where you're from.
                  This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                  "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

You could always create your own brief. Such as "Redesign the spread for Article ______ in Rolling Stone Magazine" or whatever. In your portfolio, just list it as 'hypothetical' or something.

Also, you have any friends/family in need of design? Invitations? Holiday/New Years parties? Get creative - it's your job!
                    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by garricks View Post
                      Those are boxers, silly! Briefs are tighty-whiteys or y-fronts, depending on where you're from.
                      Well, these were the first ones that weren't actually on a guy, didn't want to be clicking the thumbnails on any of those "packages" and making this thread NSFW
                      Keep firing @$$holes!

Comment

Originally posted by Microswede View Post
                        You could always create your own brief. Such as "Redesign the spread for Article ______ in Rolling Stone Magazine" or whatever. In your portfolio, just list it as 'hypothetical' or something.
                        That's a good idea. Buddy of mine recreated cereal boxes in Illy, then redesigned them so he had before & after in his portfolio.

Comment

Or make your own cereal boxes!

One of my first ever design things in Design School lol That was back in 2000. Nothing but Illustrator.

Comment

It was so nice, that the tutor filled it with Corn Flake bag, and then we sealed it an put it in a shop on the shelf. It was hilarious!

Comment

I wrote out a Completely Fictitious Creative Brief, feel free to use it. I think it’s good practice to write out (actually write out, not just think up) your own briefs for every “imaginary client” project you do for your portfolio. IMHO, it helps to put yourself in the clients position and really think about what it is they would want or need graphically, and most importantly, why.

Of course one does not have to do everything on this list, but it can be adjusted to fit your individual portfolio needs. Tailor your briefs to feature things you want to include in your portfolio. Use some of it for one made-up brand, some for another.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Client : Cijohi Coffees
                              Project: To create a unique branding system for Cijohi Coffees to be used in retail; product, online and store locations.
                              Flavors: Columbian; French Roast; Decaf; Vanilla Bean; Hazelnut; Amaretto.

Background: Cijohi Coffees is an organic, fair-trade coffee from C*johi, Columbia. Cijohi Coffees takes pride in producing our coffee free of exploitation and free of chemicals and additives.

We would like to launch our product, initially in the United States & Canada, followed by a rolling out of our brand to the EU beginning 2015, and Asia in 2018.

US launch cities: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, Portland, Or.
                              Canada launch cities: Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg.

The branding system should reflect our fair-trade and organic philosophy with a unique look that makes our brand stand apart from the many other similar products.

The design should appeal across cultures and age groups. We are eco-responsible company and would therefore like an eco-responsible representation of our brand. However, budget will be strongly considered in the final selection.

Design a branding system for Cijohi Coffees brands including but not limited to:

• Product Packaging
                              - containers
                              - labels
                              - shipping cartons
                              - packaging (beans, coffees, bags, etc.)
                              - bottled drinks

• Retail Packaging

- cups (hot and cold drinks)
                              - cup holder rings
                              - bags
                              - napkins
                              - sugar packets
                              - drinking straws sleeve

• Signage
                              a) Cijohi Coffees branded store
                              - store signage
                              - window signage
                              - interior signage
                              b) Cijohi Coffees branded mobile coffee truck
                              - vehicle wrap branding
                              c) Cijohi Coffees in-store signage (non Cijohi Coffee retail locations)
                              - shelf-talkers
                              - aisle-interrupters
                              - stand-alone display units
                              - end-caps
                              - ceiling-danglers
                              - register-toppers
                              - floor graphics
                              • Promotional Materials:
                              - brand launch posters
                              - new products posters
                              - special offers posters
                              - out-of-home promotions (billboards, transit, transportation hub)

- website with online store
                              - web banners
                              - ads, landing page, e-newsletter
                              - email marketing (launch, new products and special offer versions)

• Sales:

- brand brochure
                              - sales kit for complete product line
                              - sell sheets for individual coffees

• PR:

- pre-launch announcement/materials to media outlets
                              - launch event
                              - invitation (print and electronic)
                              - reply device (print and electronic)
                              - event signage
                              - event program/magazine
                              - goodie bag (branded give-away items; coffee mug, key chain, hat, etc.)

• Corporate:

- intranet
                              - annual report
                              - internal newsletter
                              - stationery
                              - letterhead
                              - envelopes (#10 window and non-window; 9” x 12” craft envelope)
                              - business card
                              - self adhesive label
                              - purchase order forms (print & online versions)
                              - email signature
                              Last edited by PanToshi; 08-29-2013, 02:46 AM. Reason: to fix that darn accent
                              Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X