Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pen and Tablet for 26"+ monitor

Hello everyone,

So my mom is a graphic designer and she asked for a pen and tablet for her birthday. I have found a few good ones, but I read that you need to be careful when choosing one for a bigger monitor.

What pen/tablet is best for a very large monitor? What should I look at when researching which one to buy for her?

Thank you in advance!

I have the Wacom Intuos 4 Large and it works great with my 27" monitor. I haven't tried others, so I can't comment on them.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

so it does work

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
      I have the Wacom Intuos 4 Large and it works great with my 27" monitor. I haven't tried others, so I can't comment on them.
      Oh wow. I was actually told that even the extra large might not be enough, but the if the large works then that is great! I was afraid my mom wouldn't enjoy trying to fit a huge tablet on her desk.

Thank you very much!!

Comment

It's really a preference thing, I use a small wacom (4"x6") on a 27" screen and I have no issues with it, in fact it replaced my mouse altogether. You have to consider desk real estate also.
        Design is not decoration.

Comment

And handedness. I keep a mouse on my right, a tablet on my left, keyboard in the middle -- and I'm sinisterly clawed.

Gotta say though, for drawing/painting work ... nothing beats actually drawing on a monitor screen (I now really love my old Toshiba tablet-pc!).

Comment

Originally posted by bbb3 View Post
            Oh wow. I was actually told that even the extra large might not be enough, but the if the large works then that is great! I was afraid my mom wouldn't enjoy trying to fit a huge tablet on her desk.

Thank you very much!!
            I'd love to have an XL, but I don't have the room on my desk (or in my budget) for one.
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
              Reply to Bad at my design job, how to improve attention to detail?
              B
              As the person who oversees both the creative group and the marketing where I work, I spend a whole lot of time dealing with marketing, marketers and places where marketers have varying degrees of control....
              Today, 11:45 AM
            • salsa
              Reply to Creative Block - Type for branding
              salsa
              So did they ask you to adjust their logo or not? If not, you'll just have to live with it. If they have, then it's your job as the designer to understand what typeface to use to communicate something....
              Today, 10:10 AM
            • salsa
              Reply to Bad at my design job, how to improve attention to detail?
              salsa
              Oh dear, did you get my old job?

I have dealt with exactly what you're going through. On a regular basis, I would have to provide 6-7 versions of a design with different shades of green or...
              Today, 10:06 AM
            • Graphic2505
              Reply to Assignment to get the job
              Graphic2505
              Thank you very much guys!
              I am still working on it and I think I'm getting there.
              I will let you know how it goes!
              Today, 09:58 AM
            • salsa
              Reply to Student looking for advice
              salsa
              OP, I agree with the advice about getting an internship somewhere. You might also want to try looking for part time jobs in print shops. Even if you're not doing graphic design you'll probably learn a...
              Today, 09:56 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X