Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PanToshi
    Reply to HI!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF George

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Typography resources.
    BillyLogan
    Thanks for sharing! I'v been looking for this on the web for hours for my next project and here it is!
    Today, 03:13 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pen and Tablet for 26"+ monitor

Hello everyone,

So my mom is a graphic designer and she asked for a pen and tablet for her birthday. I have found a few good ones, but I read that you need to be careful when choosing one for a bigger monitor.

What pen/tablet is best for a very large monitor? What should I look at when researching which one to buy for her?

Thank you in advance!

I have the Wacom Intuos 4 Large and it works great with my 27" monitor. I haven't tried others, so I can't comment on them.
    http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

so it does work

Originally posted by Cosmo View Post
      I have the Wacom Intuos 4 Large and it works great with my 27" monitor. I haven't tried others, so I can't comment on them.
      Oh wow. I was actually told that even the extra large might not be enough, but the if the large works then that is great! I was afraid my mom wouldn't enjoy trying to fit a huge tablet on her desk.

Thank you very much!!

Comment

It's really a preference thing, I use a small wacom (4"x6") on a 27" screen and I have no issues with it, in fact it replaced my mouse altogether. You have to consider desk real estate also.
        Design is not decoration.

Comment

And handedness. I keep a mouse on my right, a tablet on my left, keyboard in the middle -- and I'm sinisterly clawed.

Gotta say though, for drawing/painting work ... nothing beats actually drawing on a monitor screen (I now really love my old Toshiba tablet-pc!).

Comment

Originally posted by bbb3 View Post
            Oh wow. I was actually told that even the extra large might not be enough, but the if the large works then that is great! I was afraid my mom wouldn't enjoy trying to fit a huge tablet on her desk.

Thank you very much!!
            I'd love to have an XL, but I don't have the room on my desk (or in my budget) for one.
            http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X