No announcement yet.

Places to buy hi-res brushes?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to buy hi-res brushes?

I'm a graphic design student and am looking for recommendations about where to purchase affordable hi-resolution Photoshop brushes. I did a general Google search, but as you know, the search results mix sites for both paid brushes and free brushes, and wading through them is not fun. Most of the free "hi res" brushes are nothing of the sort.

Any of your favorite resources would be appreciated. I don't mind spending $10 or $15 on a brush set but right now, am not looking for those bundled sets that are several hundred dollars (even though they may be more economical in the long run!)

Thank you!

It depends on what you are going to do with those brushes. A lot of EULAs state you can use them free for personal stuff but for money-making adventures you have to pay up, and those pay rates vary. If it doesn't have an EULA, it's a dicey proposition.

Make your own?

Actually not hard to do at all. Then you get the resolution that you want.

Make a black/greyscale image.

Define brush

It's under the edit menu.

Then you can use the brush pallet to fine tune and save the final version from there.

deviantart has boatloads of them in the Resources section. Some aren't commercial-free but many are.

This looks like a good place to start...and they're free too ;-)
          I think you have to register, but they look Ok...
          Then again you can always make your own...

Is this a joke?
            I think Drazan answered your question.

hi sully, welcome to the forum. We have members of all different skill levels, and I think that's a legitimate question. The OP is asking for recommendations.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Latest Topics

• salsa
                Reply to Looking for mentor
                You sound like you're quite isolated. I think the best thing you can do is relocate, at least temporarily, to somewhere that has the support system and education you need to follow a graphic design career....
                Today, 04:00 PM
              • PrintDriver
                Reply to Orthography
                Typography is the visual representation of a font as it pertains to your design. Typography should compliment the message.
                Orthography is the arrangement of typographical elements so they spell...
                Today, 03:50 PM
              • joelanthon
                Reply to Portfolio website review
                The last 2 screenshots are part of eachother i just couldn't screenshot the whole page. All the screenshots are on one page as u scroll down. Ive also changed the website a bit too such as the color and...
                Today, 03:17 PM
              • JuliaAndrea2013
                Hi there!
                Hello to everybody!
                I'm Julia and I'm from Italy but now I'm living in Glasgow to attend my degree in Digital Media and working in every project that arise, both paid and unpaid, related with graphic...
                Today, 02:06 PM
              • Chiggins
                Comment on Orthography
                Thanks, I do realise there is a difference in definition but when looking at orthography specifically in graphic design the two do merge as typography also plays with how you display language and experiment...
                Today, 12:03 PM

Incredible Stock
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings