Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• garricks
    Reply to Happy Turkey Day!!
    garricks
    Happy Thanksgiving, y'all! I'm stuffeded!
    Yesterday, 11:14 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Just Wanna Introduce Myself
    Buda
    Hi DyZeGFX and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how...
    Yesterday, 10:12 PM
  • DyZeGFX
    Just Wanna Introduce Myself
    DyZeGFX
    I've been searching for graphic design forums to get critiques for my work, and I stumbled upon this site. Anyways, I'm DyZe, or Daniel.

I'm 14, live in Portland, Oregon, and have been designing...
    Yesterday, 09:15 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Constructive Criticism?
    kemingMatters
    Hello Daniel, welcome to GDF

We ask all new members to read
    very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Yesterday, 09:14 PM
  • DyZeGFX
    Constructive Criticism?
    DyZeGFX
    While I've only been designing for 2 months, mainly on YouTube and the comedy app IFunny, I'd like to get opinions from the professionals

I've perused the site and have only found very...
    Yesterday, 09:06 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to buy hi-res brushes?

I'm a graphic design student and am looking for recommendations about where to purchase affordable hi-resolution Photoshop brushes. I did a general Google search, but as you know, the search results mix sites for both paid brushes and free brushes, and wading through them is not fun. Most of the free "hi res" brushes are nothing of the sort.

Any of your favorite resources would be appreciated. I don't mind spending $10 or $15 on a brush set but right now, am not looking for those bundled sets that are several hundred dollars (even though they may be more economical in the long run!)

Thank you!

It depends on what you are going to do with those brushes. A lot of EULAs state you can use them free for personal stuff but for money-making adventures you have to pay up, and those pay rates vary. If it doesn't have an EULA, it's a dicey proposition.

Comment

Make your own?

Actually not hard to do at all. Then you get the resolution that you want.

Make a black/greyscale image.

Define brush

It's under the edit menu.

Then you can use the brush pallet to fine tune and save the final version from there.

Comment

deviantart has boatloads of them in the Resources section. Some aren't commercial-free but many are.

Comment

Hi,

This looks like a good place to start...and they're free too ;-)
          I think you have to register, but they look Ok...
          http://www.creattor.com/#!limit=64&p...tegory=brushes
          Then again you can always make your own...

Comment

Is this a joke?
            I think Drazan answered your question.
            http://www.paulsullivanstudio.com

Comment

hi sully, welcome to the forum. We have members of all different skill levels, and I think that's a legitimate question. The OP is asking for recommendations.

We ask all new members to read the threads posted HERE and HERE. They explain how the forum runs, the rules, frequently discussed topics and our inside jokes.
              This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
              "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X