Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Please help with company logo
    Buda
    Is the company name still The Fitness Doctors? The latest logo doesn't show this.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Happy Last Friday of July!!!!
    Buda
    Oh lala, if your summer is ending, that means my winter is ending.

Amazing pirate mermaid wedding! I went to a pirate birthday party on a boat once but that doesn't even compare to a wedding....
    Today, 03:35 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    salsa
    If it were me, I'd just write off all the work done so far as pro bono. Like several others already mentioned, I do all family work for free and if they want to pay me then that's an extra bonus.
    Today, 03:23 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Freelance Advice - Family Conflict
    Kayekaye
    I had inlaws approach me for a logo and website. What a nightmare. They are a married professional couple and said "Of course we would pay you, $___ (an amount that barely covers 2 hours of work)...
    Today, 03:07 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to Need help identifying Font
    garricks
    You'll be surprised. To do WELL, that is....
    Today, 01:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print in london on a sunday??!

Hello all, i really need to find somewhere i can get some nice quality prints on a sunday in london. i'm willing to travel anywhere in or around london for that high quality print!! ive been searching for a long time on the internet but cant seem to find a place, but surely this service must exist??! any information anyone can offer on this is much appreciated as i have an interview on monday and i want my portfolio looking spic and span.....i am printing on a3, and if said establishment could also offer me binding that would be great.

thanks in advance

Really - you can't find a high quality printers in London that open on a Sunday???

"May your hats fly as high as your dreams"Michael Scott

Comment

There has to be somewhere? London is a big place. What part of London? I'm not from England, but I've been to London plenty of times. I do notice a lot of printing companies open when I'm there.

Comment

On Sunday?
        Around here, any company with a press and most sign shops are only working on weekends if they have a client order they are running on overtime. Not taking walkins. Do you not have a regular go-to guy?

Reminds me of the time I watched a young woman tear into a parking lot at 540 pm on a Friday evening, grab a bunch of folders out of her front seat and run up to this little print shop door across from the coffee shop. She pulled the door and it was locked. No lights on. She pulled and knocked and looked through the glass. She was in tears when she went back to her car.
        Deadlines.
        They do suck.
        (Side note, I know they would have stayed had she called to say she would be late...and no, I did not work there...>

Comment

well yeah most of the ones i can find seem only to offer a mail service which obiously isnt gonna be possible, i have a place i usually go to but that closes at 1730 today.....just spoke to my friend says he may know a place that does it 24hr!! if it is as good as it sounds i will post it here.

Comment

I used to use a decent little print shop that was open 7 days a week, it was in London... Ontario...
            Design is not decoration.

Comment

just one of many reasons i would rather be in canada right now......anyway that 24hr place is no good cuz its not open on weekends! someone must know a place!!

Comment

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1255.php

Start calling I guess??

Comment

lol. It's kind of funny that the 24 hour place isn't open on the weekend.

Around here, there's not enough work to justify opening in the weekend, but if there's a job that has to be run over the weekend, there might be staff running the job behind the scenes. But that doesn't make the shop "open for business".

But London is a big place. Maybe you know someone that will open their shop just for you.

What time is your interview? Is it possible to print first thing on Monday morning? Maybe it's too late now, but it might be a good idea to be a little more organised next time
                  It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed for you, cozza. Hope you find a place.
                    This post is brought to you by the letter E and the number 9. Those are the buttons I push to get a Twix out of the candy machine.
                    "I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process."

Comment

Proper prior planning and all...I don't think I'd want to hire someone who left something as important as a portfolio needing to be printed on a Sunday. Even if you only found out about the appointment on Friday at 5pm, you should have been prepared before sending out resumes...
                      Just sayin'....
                      But good luck with that.

Comment

woooooo got it printed and the interview went great!! i agree some people would associate last minute things with bad time management, but i had a portfolio when i sent out resumes, and had a back up portfolio printed on friday. with every project i have ever done i work flat out for 3days before deadline cuz the pressure gives me amazing ideas and i cant live with myself if i dont at least try to impliment them xD.....each to their own i guess!
                        anyway heres the place just in case of anyone else in my position, good quality, fast turnaround, tad expensive and no heat binding offered, luckily i managed to heat bind on monday morning...
                        http://www.color.co.uk/our-locations/curzon-street/

Comment

you could try the color company ? but then it very much depends on what your after. . . . also most places dont have their tech based staff on sundays so you'll most likley have someone untrained doing it.

Comment

just realised this post is like . . 2 years old. so may as well ignore my previosu bit of advise

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X