Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• iambunny
    Reply to I now work full-time for a printer!
    iambunny
    Wow, I just came to check on this post and realized that what I typed on my phone on my lunch break on Friday did not go through like I thought it did. Sorry guys!

Anyway, thanks so much...
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Hello GDF!
    KitchWitch
    Mini welcome tacos!

Today, 12:46 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to School assignment: Collateral campaign
    PrintDriver
    Um...do you seriously want to focus on blowing bubbles for a disease that pretty much drowns you in mucous???
    Today, 12:31 AM
  • Roth
    Reply to New Logo
    Roth
    The blue scales remind me of Bumblebee's face. Whichever way you choose to go, make it the simpler version, so for example the two circles rather than the literal scales, you want to show not tell. Make...
    Yesterday, 10:33 PM
  • Roth
    Reply to Poster critique
    Roth
    He looks like he's been in a fight with a cassette.

You can't do a poster and assume you'll throw all the imporant when and where stuff in later. They're integral.
    Yesterday, 10:24 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best of the best for photos resources?

OK, I must be a member of at least 20 different photos sites...I would love to put it to a vote...best site based on cost, res. diversity of images....

For range and high-quality pics, I'd have to say Photos.com. I always prefer subscription as opposed to pay-per-image.

Comment

Subscription based sites are killing the photographic community. But then again, so was/is the stock industry in general.

Good dang thang for us designers... I mean, with how embarassingly cheap so many clinets and companies are, can you imaging trying to get a photographer to do custome work for you every time you needed to use a photo?

For subscription based stuff we currently use:
      photos.com
      photospin.com
      clipart.com (gasp!)

We currently buy singles or discs from:
      Comstock
      Queerstock.com

{Little note: Queerstock rocks! - I wrote a nice little review for them at the request of one of the owners. It had some pleasant 'sound bites' for them to use if they wanted to. But I'm guessing that I said or wrote something that really hit her the wrong way, I've never heard from them again. Shame too, she's a really wonderful lady and has been in the stock industry longer than I've been a designer. If you ever need images concerning the subject of same sex couples and their community, I can't recomend a better place. And no, I'm not gay. }

We've purchased from a couple other sources, but I don't recall them at the moment.

ALL generalizations are BAD.

Post Edited (GrfxGawd) : 4/6/2005 5:57:17 PM GMT
      Feeding the devil to save the sinners...

Comment

I will agree with you there...the net is flooded with subscription based sites.

But they do have there advantages....I currently use photos, istockphoto and interact (cheap and good res too). When clients can afford it I also pay per download from comstock.

Look forward to seeing how the poll turns out.

Later

Comment

can you add dreamstime.com to the list? at $1.00 an image (currently half price offer at the moment so it takes the price to just $0.50) they actually work out quite cheap for hig res images.

Comment

Interactimages.com would have to be the best. I'm talkin huge res. great variety and pretty much for free. They make most of their money from ads I think. Also far less risky than using images from sites that allow Tm Dick and Harry to upload....just try it.

Comment

interactimages havent even launched? 16mb - wouldnt that have to be a tiff file? a 6million mexapixel camera is aprox 4mb jpeg, so they would need to be using something around 21million megapixel camera to get that size of jpeg. Then again a 16mb tiff isnt very big at all.... They say 'up to' so i guess they maybe talking about stitched photos. if thats the case istock and dreamstime have files of 40mb plus, I uploaded one of them myself.

Im just curious how the company works, as I havent seen them before. Intresting thread, have visited a few sites i havent seen before.

ps. what do people think of stockedphotos? I sold 1000 images to them last year, they didnt seem to have a very stringent approval process.

Comment

Interact Images used to be a free site (as a publishing company they allowed free access to images not used by clients). They expanded last year and started charging a yearly free for their shots. I recieved an email from them in Jan. that they were upgrading their server because they were overwhelmed with members and bandwdith was exhausted.

If they happen to come back as promised it will be a blessing to us all. Dont know about those 16MB JPEGS though?

Comment

ahhh and as for 'stockedphotos.com' just visited them then.....please... they should not even be listed! I mean, the scam is just so obvious. If you are serious about protecting the copyright of your work....steer clear!

Comment

Stockphotos have only got 6000 images...

It would be hard to make 6000 yen let alone 6000 dollars. Anyway - thanks for telling us all about your 'income' - I hope it makes you feel more secure.

Please note: The sure-grip suck machine (2 stroke model) has recently gone up to $7000 - looks like you'll have to do it by hand for a little while longer.

Comment

um... play nice kids...

We are one, our cause is one, and we must help each other if we are to succeed. ~ Frederick Douglass
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Ouch!! But I agree - no room in this forum for boasters or (suck machine users ; ))

Comment

that's enough. we're locking this up for now.

Lets all take a moment to read over this:

http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/De...amp;itemid=129

We are one, our cause is one, and we must help each other if we are to succeed. ~ Frederick Douglass

Post Edited (morea) : 4/7/2005 7:41:11 PM GMT
                          "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Please be civil on the forum, if you want respect you need to respect others. Get nasty again and you can find another forum to act like 8 year olds on.

Allen

Allen Harkleroad

Allen Harkleroad
                            Father of Graphic Design Forum

"Bored? Who has time to be bored?"

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X