Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Today, 08:51 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    We don't even consider applications that don't list a degree where I work, though even people with degrees can have terrible portfolios. Out of probably 30 applicants from our most recent opening, maybe...
    Today, 08:37 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Standards of Graphic Design
    Buda
    Honestly, if you are unsure, it's better to under design. People who are new to design have this tendency to put everything they can think of into a design. Design is just as much about culling and restraint....
    Today, 08:31 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Crop Marks and Cutting Paper
    Buda
    We have a $250,000 digital printer and the backups can be up to 2mm out. That is within specifications.

So the answer is no. It's near impossible to get a printer that is bang on. Which is...
    Today, 08:29 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Font
    garricks
    Looks like it's not a free font. But $25 for four fonts in a typeface is really reasonable.
    Today, 07:57 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed to choose software

Hi everyone,
    I would like any suggestions on the following
    I'm installing a 3D CNC routing multicam machine into my factory but it doesnt come with any software for design, I currently use Corel Draw 10 to draw up the DXF files for the 2D cuttingit will do for now but for the 3D there must be something out I can use ie looking at ART CAM or PRO ENGINEER

Is there anyone that is using any of these packages on a cnc machine that can halp with a suggestion?

thanks Steve.

What are you making with this machine? One-offs or multiples?

Whups, just re-read your post. A 3-D machine? Full 360 3D or reliefs only?
    Not that I can help much. Ours are 2D only but it would do reliefs if I bought the module for it. We use Signlab on one, Enrout on the other.

The machine manufacturer doesn't have any recommendations?
    I've only heard of Cad/Cam but I've never used it. Haven't heard of the two you mention.
    Not a lot of CNC guys here. You may do better on a woodworking or milling site.

PD is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Post Edited (PrintDriver) : 4/14/2005 3:13:41 AM GMT

Comment

Hi We are cutting multiples of units in 2d and 3d reliefs ie signs and engraving to do any full 3d's you would need a 5 axes cnc routa big bucks $$$$$ around 1.5 mill to start off and 50 to 100 k software.

Does sign lab cater for auto tool changes on the routa head or is it for vinyl cutting for signs?
      thanks Steve

Comment

We use signlab on a 5x10 cnc router. I personally like it better than Enrout but Enrout has the purchaseable 3D module. Not sure about Signlab.
        As for the auto tool changer, man that would be handy too. Sorry. Can't hep help ya. If you are using this for signage, check out Signweb.com.

PD is a grande format digital print dude. His advice/opinions may not apply to the 4color/offset/web world of printing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X