Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• epicdxb
    Hello All
    epicdxb
    I am new to this forum and want to share ideas about graphics design.
    Today, 11:22 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to HD photos
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF joaof9352

If you're starting with a low res image, using Photoshop will not make that low quality image into a high quality one.

We ask all new members to read...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Want to learn how to do this effect...
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF aquintero

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • dbDESIGN
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    dbDESIGN
    @PanToshi: Done and thanks!

@CataclysmX: Thanks for the tip! When I look at it now, the date does feel to go out of the view somehow, its not something the observator sees at the first glance...
    Today, 10:23 AM
  • joaof9352
    HD photos
    joaof9352
    Hey I'm new at design and photoshop, and i have a question : How to make an image with better quality in photoshop ? Thank you
    Today, 09:09 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Printing Resource

Does anyone have any recommendations for a low cost, but quality online printer such as Premium Printing Online?
    Thanks.
    Mark Field
    markField Design
    Last edited by mFD; 05-17-2005, 07:17 PM.

I use these guys, but you have to open a business account as its a trade company...

www.partnerprinting.com 250 4 color bc for around $20
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

what sort of product?
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Yeah, tell us more about your printing needs. Clubflyers.com does great work with a 24 hr. turnaround, but the selection of options is rather limited. I use them for all my flyering needs. Plus, they're running a special right now to celebrate their new site. Free ground shipping! (on certain orders)

Comment

or vistaprint.com, I work there so I could assist
          Tapp-d
          "I has puter, I isam dsgna?!"

Comment

my favorites

psprint.com
            custompostcards.com

I'm looking for a couple of options for printing of a billboard 24' w x 8' h. I guess vinyl is the going thing?
            Anyone have any thoughts on this? psprint does this, but I'm looking for options...

Comment

i use pkgraphics.com
              quick turnaround & great prices
              Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

alterdigital.com

Alterdigital.com is about the cheapest anywhere. Business cards are on sale right now for 8.72 for 250. And it's all offset, no inkjet knockoffs. www.alterdigital.com.

Comment

I'm giving StepPrinting.com for some cards. I should receive them this week.

He's a member of this forum so I thought I'd give him a shot at my business.
                  *insert inane quote here*

Comment

Let us know what you think of step RP, I'm out of Vistaprint, but I still print with them cause I know the whole process, and know how to make sure the files are prepped right
                    Tapp-d

Comment

Will do. I should receive the cards tomorrow or Wednesday. I just looked up my order and it said it was completed and I'm only about 20 miles from them so shipping shouldn't take long.

Comment

Originally posted by Drorain
                        Let us know what you think of step RP, I'm out of Vistaprint, but I still print with them cause I know the whole process, and know how to make sure the files are prepped right
                        I was kind of disappointed with Vista. I sent them a PDF x1a for my last card run and there was ghosting in the transparency. I created the file in InDesign CS.

I don't care what their reasoning is, that should not happen.

I send out four different ads in that format every month and never have a problem.

I don't see why a PDF x1a should ever have that kind of problem.

Comment

like i said, I only trust em cause I worked with them, doing the file preps, thus far everything I've printed for myself or for clients has gone right, only because I've let my hand touch it. the prob you had is one of the probs common to online printing, not having the ability to physically proof the print.

Sucks really, but its the way things are going for small business printing...and the large print houses are hurting from it.
                          Tapp-d

Comment

I'm happy to say that StepPrinting came through wonderfully. I ordered the cards (250 qty. 100 lb stock) Thursday night after work and I received them today (though I am close to them so shipping was only one day). No rush, nothing. 3 business day turnaround, can't beat that.

The cards look good though the design was extremely simple. There wasn't a lot to screw up but they look good none the less.

I'll definitely be using them again.

Comment

well since my post back in may i no longer use pkgraphics.com (there min. order is 5000 & they are unpredictable on colors)

i also used jakprints.com for a while & while there prices & quality were good i never knew when the job would go to print.

i then switched to 48hourprint.com for a few jobs & everyone of them was screwed up in one way or another (you can do a search here & find a rant of mine about these jobs)

i often use overnightprints.com for business cards but they only do them & some postcards

i just started using partnerprinting.com i have my first big job out to binery now when i get them in i'll let you know how they come out.

i wish i had a local printer so i wouldn't have to go through this online nightmare.
                              (hopefully partner will be the answer. i've only heard good things about them.)
                              Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X