Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• it52
    Reply to Infographics...struggle
    it52
    I just compared the two Hospice Benefits infographics and you didn't really change much with the layout. You just added some drop shadows and some more colors to it. I think you need more subheads and...
    Today, 02:18 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    <b>
    I was pretty much going to write what PrintDriver already wrote, so I'll just agree with him instead.

In addition, there's also a tendency for some people to inflate things a bit when they're...
    Today, 01:45 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    PrintDriver
    What are your education and skill levels?

Remember the salaries listed at salaries.com and even aiga.org are based on respondents to surveys. Quite often you will find with surveys that people...
    Today, 12:49 AM
  • TomMonTom
    Is salary.com et al full of shit?
    TomMonTom
    It's really difficult to price ones ability when offers come in way bellow whatever average there is for the amount of experience anyone seems to have. I'm trying to figure out a good rate is and if any...
    Today, 12:23 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Alright then, thank you all for your answers
    Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car photos?

Anyone know where I can get car photos without backgrounds. Like ones used in car ads?
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Do you have a specific OEM in mind?
    You don't know what you don't know.

Comment

No, can be anything really. Anyway, I found one but a resource for future would be great.
      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today, it's already tomorrow in Australia"

Photography

Comment

When I need them I get them from the manufacturers, they all have password protected sites where you can download all the current models in many colors, angles, either with or without backgrounds. Sometimes you can even get Vector art!

Comment

yup what wood said, you could also try

http://www.highresautoimages.com/

as for finding ones without backgrounds, welcome to the automobile industry, you have to manually add a clipping mask in PS and save as a .eps if you want to knock out the backgrounds, good luck
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

www.adbuilder.com
            --classifieds
            ----KAAS or KARS

only thing is - you have to have a membership to use the vector car illys. They are crisp, clean, vector and background free. Alot of the manufacturers aren't working with these places anymore tho - which makes them much harder to find. When I first started doing auto ads it was no problem to find them..now they are down to only KIA, Lincoln, Mazda and Mercury for 2005 which makes my job SO much harder.

as D-Frag stated - welcome to the automobile industry and say hello to the happy clipping path!

good luck!
            Last edited by D-Zine; 06-22-2005, 08:38 PM.
            I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

Yeah D, the old Subaru vector art used to be killer - now that picture-trax site they have is a total disaster...
              I bet a bunch of VERY talented illustrators are becoming out of work now

Comment

It's very rare that I do anything with cars in it. Just came across a business card ad that did detailing (cleaning/waxing/blah blah) thought of a nice clean crisp shiney car and the only "clean" and shiney ones were auto dealer cars. But... found a nice picture of a jag with a black background. Anyhooo the BC came out sweet!

Photography

Comment

great on the BC Donna! I did an auto detailing card a couple years ago for my step brother. I used a 300M - was hot...but..he needs new ones now..LOL
                  I blog, you blog, we all blog!

Comment

The customer originally wanted black cards with silver thermographed lettering but the cost was way more than he wanted so our front desk lady talked him into our special for full color flat.
                    What I got was just text scribbled on a piece of paper.
                    when I found the jag - it was great. Black background, the jag is black to I think but the way the light hits it was perfect, with a little bluish gray text, the customer pretty much got his black and silver look.
                    I don't care for thermographed cards. To me, they're cheap. Gimme full color anyday. If I remember tomorrow I'll post the card.

Photography

Comment

Well, here's the business card. He loved it! Phew!
                      Attached Files

Photography

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X