I need antique art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need antique art

Does anyone know where I can find baroque or antique floral art? I want to make some vitage looking stuff but the only things I can find are mail-order only.

Help!

Try looking in flea markets... you might find something there that you could scan in and recreate using streamline...good luck

Comment

You would be surprised what you could find in the wallpaper section of menards--they have HUGE catalogs that are just a treat to look at.

Try that first and then Ill give you some more hints :P
      www.greenthumbcreative.com

Comment

Beware of copyrights.

Actual pre-1930's stuff would probably be okay but copying wallpaper patterns...rather iffy. Wallpaper can be inspirational though.

Dover clipart books have a lot of really cool Victorian stuff. Usually royalty free depending on how much you use and what for. They may even have disks now...maybe.
        Last edited by PrintDriver; 07-11-2005, 09:17 PM.

Comment

At my last job, we had a set of CDs from "Art Explosion " that had a lot of traditional and retro art clips like you are describing. I don't think this cost very much and I think it is still being sold.
          Last edited by Vikia; 07-12-2005, 06:29 PM.
          Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
          Through the Looking Glass

Comment

Yeah Viki, it's still being sold. They are up to 780,000 pieces now on oh, maybe 16 CD's...A lot of it is way to modern. At least in the older set I've seen recently. And those paths sure are messy in the "vector" art. Someone did a lot of nothing with Streamline set for hit or miss. Nasty.

Comment

Dover worked

I checked out the Dover series and ordered a couple cd's. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• B
                Reply to 100% cotton t-shirt printing INK HELP
                B
                Are you referring to inkjet heat transfer printers and paper?...
                Today, 12:48 AM
              • B
                Reply to IT book cover redesign. Giving it a try
                B
                As someone who sometimes designs book covers, a realistic design needs to consider the sales brought on by shelf appeal. And shelf appeal doesn't just depend on aesthetics; it also depends on grabbing...
                Today, 12:34 AM
              • Kdigennaro
                Reply to Feedback for a poster design
                Kdigennaro
                I like that you are answering the 'why' questions. Why is the text background red, why are you using the crumbled paper texture etc.

This shows that you are thinking threw what you are doing...
                Yesterday, 08:38 PM
              • Kdigennaro
                What - If any - Certifications are taken seriously these days?
                Kdigennaro
                Hey guys,

I have been designing for about 10 years now as a freelancer and am entertaining the idea of trying to find a job at a creative firm. Right now I'm building my resume and portfolio...
                Yesterday, 07:30 PM
              • Kdigennaro
                Reply to Business card logo feedback
                Kdigennaro
                Hey @someguy,

Thanks for sharing your designs! I would encourage and challenge you to try to narrow your design focus. Right now none of the designs are 'bad' but none are 'good'. Design,...
                Yesterday, 07:10 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X