Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for future assessment

Hi All,
    I'm currently studying graphic design via an online course. Please can you give me any feedback about this two concepts:
    V1: InkSpot
    V2: Spray Chart Colour
    Thank you so much for your help.
    Have a great time
    Aurelien

Click image for larger version

Name:	V2-BCProof.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	20608
    Attached Files

One of your links is broken.

Can you give us a little more detail about what your project brief is?

The image I can see with the plastic wrap and the marble seems to be a study in textures, that doesn't necessarily mesh with what might be the presentation of a business card.

Looking at the business card itself shows a non-cohesive branding strategy that would be a no-go right out of the gate. I realize the info may be bogus, and that as a college student you don't have a pro site and maybe not the money to have your own email domain, but everything from your name, the company name, the website to the email addy just makes it look scatterbrained.

Comment

Hi Al and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Ah... now I see links to things other than your texture study.

Business cards -
        What are the 4 fuzzy brush strokes for?
        Do you intend to ever use them in a vector-necessary capability? (such uses would include embroidery, cut vinyl sign lettering, window stenciling, 3D elements on your office wall signage, etc.)

The paint spatters coupled with a grungy font. This not only looks messy and grungy, the colors are not exactly what one would describe as pleasing. Mustard yellow and grays with a grayed teal thrown in look very dark and grungy. You are also using a transparency overlay feature which is always a bad idea in logos. Transparency and spot colors do not work well together in Adobe softwares on print output.

Both logos are 5 color. $$$

On the A-frame sidewalk sign my first question would be, is the expense worth the result? Can you justify the cost against how much traffic such a thing would bring a design business? Maybe a quick-sign company, but not a designer so much.

On the first sign, all of the comments regarding the ink spatter apply to this.
        Looks like you have this in a custom made frame. Bear in mind this sign is a ''print only'' piece. You can't do it in cut vinyl. You have to replace the sign face on every change-out. Build in a way to do that.

On the second, it is never a good idea to insult your potential clients before they even walk in the door. Plus, even a poorly designed sign that is proving a point should be properly designed. At first glance, it comes across as an example of your work. If you are asking a question, put in the proper punctuation.
        Again, this is a print-only design. Not necessarily a bad thing, but cost of replacement and usefulness has to be considered.

Comment

I do custom 3D signage and branded printed graphics for a living.

Sorry, but that the A-frame is 2D. It's function is to show a flat piece of art, even if the frame is custom.

Here are some examples of 3D branding design:
          https://www.google.com/search?q=3D+b...&bih=667&dpr=2
          Last edited by PrintDriver; 12-09-2016, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
            One off off-set lithographic Print?
            Clinton78
            Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
            Today, 11:11 AM
          • Craig B
            Reply to Style of Font
            Craig B
            To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
            Today, 11:00 AM
          • Craig B
            Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
            Craig B
            Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
            Today, 10:58 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
            PrintDriver
            As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
            Today, 10:30 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Portfolio usage of work
            PrintDriver
            The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
            Today, 10:22 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X