Need Feedback for Poster and Signage concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Feedback for Poster and Signage concept

I've developed this concept for a poster that will decorate the office of the Sydney based start-up Sherpa, a delivery service mobile application.
    The company core values are : "Be Transparent, Be Authentic, Take risks, Have Fun".
    The goal is to strengthen the corporate identity of this young company.
    The illustration has to include the mascot of the company: the llama, be funny and symbolise the speed and efficiency of the service.

I've also developed the office signage concept, a round to cut alupanel of the current logo. An option is to slightly extrude the letters and the llama.

How could I improve these concepts? Your feedbacks are welcome!
    Delhia

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drawing Colored Poster.png
Views:	1
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	20623Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-3.jpg
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	20625Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 11.09.55 am.png
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	20626

I'm not digging the anthropomorphic llama. It looks awkward, static, and has no sense of urgency or speed or efficiency.

On the signage, yay for researching Alupanel.
    If you are using the Digital White, check your ink life in an exterior application.
    Also check that you can die cut this for exterior use. I know the product can be used for building facades and as sign blanks, but in most cases, in those applications, the edge is captured and less likely to split with weather extremes. Though in most cases the ink will fail before the signboard.

If you are going to ''extrude'' the letters, they should be at least 1/2" thick so that they can be mechanically fastened from the back using screws. Having 3D letters will also help you hide the mounting hardware. You have to mechanically attach this to the building. Figure out where your studs are going because on a simple flat print, you are going to have to bolt through the face in several places.

Comment

Hi Delhia and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I think at this point in time a considerable number of people will cringe when a company uses the name of a minority ethnic group as a company name. (Sherpa are a people, not an occupation)

I am also at a loss as to why an animal native to the Andes ids being used with a name of an ethic group from the Himalayas.
        Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Not sure the OP has any say in the name of the company or it's logo.

I was more wondering why the llama wasn't blue like the logo.

Comment

Sherpa makes me think of 'guide' and not delivery. A llama is a pack animal, and as seamas notes, totally unrelated to Sherpas. It's almost as though the branding is saying that Sherpas are pack animals, for some confused reason.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Clinton78
              One off off-set lithographic Print?
              Clinton78
              Hi guys,

I have a situation where I need to commercially print illustrations that are coloured entirely in black. It's basically realistic aircraft illustrations and the aircraft are painted...
              Today, 11:11 AM
            • Craig B
              Reply to Style of Font
              Craig B
              To expand a little on what B said. Those monograms were hand created. They weren't just a font, and there's no software that will automatically squeeze them into a shape like that....
              Today, 11:00 AM
            • Craig B
              Reply to Vector art blurry when posted to social media!
              Craig B
              Not sure where you got those sizes. I would try this always up to date google doc with various social media pixel sizes.
              Today, 10:58 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to What makes this ad. design awesome?
              PrintDriver
              As B noted in his 2nd post,

So without doing the research involved in creating an ''awesome'' ad campaign based on your needs, in your particular location, and one that works with your particular...
              Today, 10:30 AM
            • PrintDriver
              Reply to Portfolio usage of work
              PrintDriver
              The designer may own the rights to the design, but they may not own the copyright on any photos or copywriting used in the design or any trademarked logos. In cases where there is client supplied content,...
              Today, 10:22 AM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X