Abstract Designs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abstract Designs

Hi i'm a Graphics Design student at university, this is my first year. Here are some abstract designs.

- Echo: The circles represent sound fading out, and the black color is for visual purposes.
    - Tranquility: I used blue and green to represent peace/nostalgia if that makes sense. The reason why I connected different shapes in a smooth/curve way is to show that even though there are differences, there is a stable connection and no problems.

The work has been produced with limitations, basically there are things that I am allowed to do and things I am not allowed to do.

E.g, not use more than 6 shapes in a piece, and only 4 lines. Just an example.

Hope you guys like them.

More work uploaded, hierarchy (2 geometrical shapes and 3 lines can only be used)

and Symmetry, you all know what that is

The last one is just alignment.

All You Its[sic] On?

Hard to critique these. They are exercises for a class. The main issue I see with all of them is they have no hierarchy. Even you piece called Echo doesn't have any sense of bounce or reverb or depth even. I see the slightly smaller shapes and I see a reverse and repeat but not really see an echo (which is a replica, not a reversal.)

The one called hierarchy seems to be a simple study in tonal effects.
    Symmetry is...symmetrical, I'll give it that.

The bottom one is the worst of the lot. Beyond the typo, the lines distract the eye from the content rather than leading the eye to reading the title correctly. Not working.
    As my design professor used to say, ''Do Over.''

Comment

Hi Slyther and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

I moved your thread to the student forum, so you'll get more appropriate feedback.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

While the top shape/line abstractions are all clean, why are they all centered? ... nothing goes off the page, it's all too centered, IMO. Just a little too sterile overall. And I will second PD that the last poster reads "All You It's On". The fact that you've forced the individual words to "read" by adding smaller numbers to indicate order doesn't help.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

• PrintDriver
          PrintDriver commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, I didn't even see the numbers....

• Craig B
          Craig B commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't see them initially either PD. I think it was after looking at tit the third or fourth time I spotted them.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X