Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make a 3d circle in Illustrator like the one in the attached picture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make a 3d circle in Illustrator like the one in the attached picture?

I need to make a few icons with a 3d circle just like the one in the picture? I know there is the 3D tool in effects but it still doesn't give me the same result as the picture.
    Attached Files

You won't get a cylinder like that one you pictured in illustrator by pushing buttons. You have to hand draw it.
    The walls of the cylinder in that pic are either not the same thickness or it is improperly drawn using poor perspective techniques.

If you want to draw a 3D cylinder in Illustrator, you have to start with a doughnut shape and Extrude it with the lighting aimed in the right direction. Illustrator's 3D interface is mildly stupid so you have to futz with it a bit to get what you want.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shotc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	20723

Comment

Hmmm. I just happened to think that if you don't center the hole, you might come closer to what you show. The top thickness of your ring is thicker than the bottom. Try that instead.
      But I still think your original is improperly drawn and that you will have to hand trace it with a pen tool then colorize the individual sections to match it.

Comment

Hi Koshell and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X