Need feedback for school work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need feedback for school work.

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a nice Sunday!

I had to do a 2D and 3D design for my school. I would like some feedback for my work.

Would you agree that my skateboard design is 3D?
    I have decided to make it black and white as Pause Noire means Black Pause (break).
    I actually made this sign in real life, couple of month ago, except that the logo was made of multicolour Acrylic paint that I applied with a tooth brush through a stencil. Anyway, I thought Black and white was more readable.

What do you think of the Biz Card?
    Again, I have decided to go black and white. I made this business card design couple of month ago and I got it printed.
    I have printed only a couple as I will change the email address during this year when I will finish my new website.

Do you think going black and white would be an issue? I have some (coloured) work in my portfolio though...
    Thanks for your help.

Antoine Pause Noire

Ps I wish I was writing this from the Chesterfield couch. Looks real cool...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 12.51.41 PM.png
Views:	5
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	20771
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 12.51.56 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	20772

Attached Files

I'm not going to agree your lobby sign is 3D.
    You've basically built your sign board out of skateboards. The logo itself is 2D painted on the surface of the signboard.

Here are some examples of simple 3D sign art for lobbies.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=3D+l...w=1257&bih=628

I would certainly ditch the idea of a light bulb for a logo for a designer. Way, WAY too cliche.

The logo on the card... first, have a look at those lobby logos above. Do you know how large those strokes would have to be to back light something like that? Even in plastic or metal one would be hard pressed to put studs into that to hold it up.
    It also reads almost perfectly as P M, rather than P N.

Nothing wrong with black and white for a business card, but I will ask, ''how did they look when printed?''
    White type that small tends to fill in quite a bit when knocked out of what appears to be a 4-color black. Are the letters sharp and clear?
    If not, it reflects poorly on your choices.
    Looks more like a card for a photographer than a designer but you say you are an artist as well so it may fly. Did you take the photo?
    Last edited by PrintDriver; 02-12-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hi Pause and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

On Your Business Card everything looks so big.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• HotButton
          Reply to Why do designers use twitter?
          HotButton
          I generally avoid the popular, so-called social media platforms altogether, especially for anything business related. I suspect anyone posting their graphic design work is doing so in search of validation,...
          Today, 12:56 PM
        • murofwoh
          Reply to My first thread design
          murofwoh
          ok, well there were SO many typos and things wrong I was worried you were trollling us.
          my critique:
          okay, fix all the typos

get sanpster to change their name to snapster. because...
          Today, 12:29 PM
        • calebninja
          calebninja
          Designers use it to brand themselves. Like most have said it's just another marketing tool....
          Today, 12:04 PM
        • KitchWitch
          KitchWitch
          Hi Pers0n and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
          Today, 11:59 AM
        • KitchWitch
          Reply to Does anyone know how to achieve this effect in Photoshop?
          KitchWitch
          Hi Jack and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
          Today, 11:56 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X