Logo Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Feedback

This is for a non profit organization that takes care of the up keep of the Pacific Northwest Trail. Their organization is called Pacific Northwest Trail Association and they wanted their initials included in the design. I have included a black and white as well as a first draft of a color version. Any suggestions on would be greatly appreciated.

One more quick note, they provided references to the Appalachian Mountain Club and Patagonia as a guide to what they want the logo to look like.

http://www.outdoors.org/
    http://www.patagonia.com/home/

Comment

Overall I like it.

The mountain is probably slightly more detailed than necessary.

I like that the pine tree is simple, but it could use just a little more design.
      Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

updated logo:

Comment

I think you went the wrong way, personally.

I like the shape and proportions you had in the first one.
          he typeface was better as well.

You have some type of arch or something in the new one that makes it look accidental, or that the tree is upsetting the lettering.

Comment

something like this?

Comment

The overall shape (outline) appears to be asymmetrical in all of these. The trees seem to suffer from the same condition, in all instances it isn't enough of a departure from symmetry to appear intentional.

I think the original shape was better as it opened up the sky, where the other shapes trap the horizon in a sardine can. The sun, mountain and tree are strongest in the last iteration and they work in black in white, albeit you have to work to recognize the sun as the sun. I would strongly suggest revisiting your original shape, made symmetrical, and continue with the sun, mountains and tree (also made symmetrical) concept of your last iteration,
              Design is not decoration.

Comment

Yeah, the original shape was more like a way-finding arrow you see on maps. Better than the shield shape.

Comment

I reverted back to the original shape, and I agree it does look better.

As for the asymmetry I checked it and all three previous were symmetrical. I think that the typeface might be causing the issue( the tree points to the N making it seem like everything is off), so changed it to Bauhaus and tweaked it so that the angles of the cutouts in the letters match the angles of the slopes in the tree. I also took out the sun to try to alleviate the problem, plus I think it looks better without it. I added some clouds to fill the space afterwards.

Comment

Those were definantly asymmetrical. Sorry, I uploaded the wrong set. Here's the right version:

Comment

and this is before I stretched it:

Comment

Here is how I thought this could be applied to trail map booklets.

Comment

new version:

Comment

I personally like your original typography best, plus the wayfinding icon. It makes it feel more like a "map" or a sign.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                            Working...
                            X