Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Commercial Vapor trail, how to do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Commercial Vapor trail, how to do it?

For my multimedia major project I've decided to do commercials for a coffee brand, in one of my commercial I would like to include the vapour trail effect that flows from a cup of coffee as shown in this commercial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qS1ZSqwIgM), although I would like mine to have the trail make its way through a house for example so it's not already added in but it's making its way up the stairs etc... I spend many hours searching for tutorials on how to create this effect and I've found no solution so out of desperation I came to this forum seeking help, if you know how to do this or know any tutorial on it, I would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

Hi Sebastian and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.

Is this a school project?
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Yes it's my school's major project, so the final project I have to complete in year 12.

Comment

• KitchWitch
        KitchWitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I moved this thread to the student section of the forum, so you'll get more appropriate feedback.

Having a vapor trail go through a house like a coffee commercial is a pretty ambitious project if you've never used a program like after effects before. What is your experience level and what programs were you looking to do this in?

Comment

It is indeed ambitious and quite difficult for a beginner such as myself. I plan on using programs such as After effects , Photoshop, basically adobe software since I have free access to them by being a student. In terms of experience I guess you could call me a beginner so I don't know many editing techniques hence I always rely on tutorials. The only "vapour trail" like effect I've created is shown in the picture I've attached, I made it follow a masked path but I am not satisfied with the look of the "vapour" I've made using Trapcode Particular. I wish to make it look more like vapour but I don't know how.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think if you want to do this as your project you're going to have to spend some time in after effects just learning general tools, and how to work different attributes of effects, and also some of the ins and outs of keyframe animation. That being said check out both part one and part two of the tutorial below. By the end of part two you will see he's created an alien spaceship that has a vapor trail following behind it. You would probably do something like that with a null object guiding the vapor trail through your house footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3z60OSc7I
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=kx0bKB9aL08

Comment

The only problem I have with the links you've shared , BlueCrab, is that they resemble smoke more than steam coming from a coffee cup

Comment

This is why I said you gotta learn the ins and outs of the tools and how to mess with different effects using their attributes. The default look of a certain effect can be altered to such a degree that it doesnt even look like the same effect anymore. You're not going to find the perfect tutorial to give you exactly what you want, and if you did than it'd just be copying. If you probably tweak different settings within the smoke effect you can make it look more like steam. You gotta spend a lot of time messing with it and looking into how to achieve different smoke effects. Its not just researching how to do the whole thing at once. Target more specific tutorials like smoke ones alone, and also mess with it a lot yourself.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X