Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused after 12th, Want to become a graphic designer...need help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused after 12th, Want to become a graphic designer...need help...

Hi, I live in India and I appeared for 12th standard board exams ( results are still to be announced, I am average in studies about 80% good ) I was a science side student with Biology, Chemistry and Physics as my subjects (no maths). Initially I was having a target in medical sciences, but a deep interest in graphic design since 5 years. Now I want to become a Full Time Graphic Designer, but I don't know what to do now? how to do it? I need Guidance to and support from all of you respected members. In my country becoming graphic designer is tough and very rare, thus there is a less number of worthy institutes, and the fees is beyond budget, even for a diploma course. Some people told me that only the works and portfolio matters and degree like B.SC or B.A in any subject is helpful in getting jobs. While some advised that degree in Graphic Design is must, which is very difficult to obtain in my case. However I had done a simple certificate course in Graphic Design when I was in 8th standard and I love to design, I just can't leave it, please help me finding the right way, I will be very grateful to you.
    Thank you.

Hi Graphicmafia13 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

This is a great question that I hear a lot,

My advice to you is to think of graphic design as a life style. Don't think of it just as a job or a career because it really is more then that. It takes dedication and daily practice to sharpen your skills but is extremely rewarding.

The best place to start is to grab a dot grid sketch pad, a comfy pencil, and a micron pen. Just look around you, draw what you see, logos, shapes, scenes. This are key elements to design and as you study them you will figure out how you personally will use them.

Also just jump into it. Formal training is great but we aren't all blessed with it. Design is about finding a community to collaborate with (like your doing now).

Make up a project and just give if a go!

Best of luck,
      Kevin

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X