Seeking feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking feedback

Hello, I'm just seeking feedback for an assignment for Open Colleges.
    The assignment is to create a 3D based artwork (signage) and a 2D artwork (poster) for a graphic design studio that is focused on the reception area. Unfortunately I couldn't find any decent reception area mockups.
    For the assignment I chose to do the businesses logo mounted on the wall that is slightly illuminated and a poster that reflects the businesses simplicity.
    Although I'm still learning 3D tools I'm surprised how well it turned out only using Gaussian blur for my 3D signage!
    Can't wait for some feedback,
    thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	mockup.png
Views:	1
Size:	847.9 KB
ID:	21062

First:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=rece...=1645&bih=1036

Second, your poster is at odds with your company name. If you are going to keep it simple, don't throw spurious junk into the poster design just to fill space. Not only is it unnecessary, it's distracting. Everything you have on there leads the eye off the page away from the logo.

Third, I fabricate and install this stuff all day long. What do you mean by ''slightly illuminated?'' It is either lit or it isn't. And I'm guessing the teacher of this class doesn't expect you to figure out how your stuff is actually fabricated or installs. For instance, how are you going to power your ''slightly illuminated''?

Why do students always go with the absolute minimum in order to get by on their project. You need to create a 2d element. Why is that a simple poster print? You need to create a 3D element, why is it just a simple logo pinned to a wall?

2D things can include custom printed carpet, custom printed desk laminate (digital HPL,) custom printed wall cover, die cut vinyl, any number of wall treatments for that matter, imagery in frames or tastefully mounted in some fancy way, wall displays using gyford wire systems that can incorporate shelving (well maybe this falls a little bit under 3D depending on how you set it up.)

3D can be your simple lit dots, a logo in various and infinite combinations of materials, lighting and effects, it can be sculptural, it can include a bunch of laser cut lettering that maybe spells out a mission statement, it can be a tasteful display like a company timeline or a display of products, it can incorporate media in some fashion if you are the type of design firm that has displayable work (and no I don't mean business cards and street flyers.)

Think outside the box.
    Aim higher.

Comment

Hi Floom and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Your logo is exactly the same (with the exception of color) as Mass Mutual's new logo.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• chikisg84
          Hello guys!
          chikisg84
          I just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself. I have a barchelor's degree in graphic design and have been working in the industry and the same job for 13 years now. Lately I've been feeling...
          Today, 11:18 AM
        • B
          Reply to Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
          B
          For layout purposes, Publisher is certainly a step up from MS Word.

Professional designers generally stay away from Publisher because it largely consumer and office software that doesn't...
          Today, 11:15 AM
        • Fuzzy Onion
          Tell me it's ok to use Publisher
          Fuzzy Onion
          I work for a small education company. We produce a number of documents that are then made available for teachers to download via PDF. These are things like worksheets, readings, and instruction guides/user...
          Today, 10:38 AM
        • StudioMonkey
          Reply to Price of Foil vs. Varnish for business cards?
          StudioMonkey
          Neither Foil nor Varnish are done on a digital press - you would have to get your Business Cards printed Litho. For 100 cards this is always going to be expensive - you could probably get 2000 cards...
          Today, 09:38 AM
        • natalya.jpg
          What do you think about my new web site?
          natalya.jpg
          What do you think about my new web site?

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]Hello everybody![/COLOR]

I've just made my new website for the great opera singer. What do you think?...
          Today, 03:16 AM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X