Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Feedback for Business Card Designs

Hello there,
    I am currently a graphic design student and are designing business cards based on a design brief for a high-end hair salon. I have been given the company's existing scissors logo and have so far come up with these designs. Any creative direction and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    Attached Files

You'll get better feedback if you post an image rather than a PDF that has to be downloaded.

Comment

I downloaded the PDF, but PrintDriver's right, you'll get a better response from people by posting the image for people to see.

Graphic design is usually done within the context of aiming the design to resonate with a specific audience. You've said you're targeting customers of a high-end salon, but that's still not very specific. Is the salon trendy and daring or is it conservative and established? What age group are you targeting? Teens, 20-somethings, stay-at-home moms, mid-career professionals, senior citizens?

To be honest, your business cards look as though they belong to a long-established salon that caters to a diminishing clientele of well-off elderly women. If that really is the target market, great.

I have a feeling, however, that this isn't really what you were trying to achieve. High-end today, to most people, equates to clean, svelte, contemporary and understated, not ornate, elaborate and decorative. Think 2017 Porsche, not 1985 Cadillac.

Comment

With student projects, posting the entire brief as written by the professor will help too.

Comment

Hi Lestev22 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
          Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RMo
            Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
            RMo
            Hey,

some quick things:
            • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
            • add a favicon
            • there is a massive amount of space after loading
            Today, 03:18 PM
          • Bilberryblue
            Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
            Bilberryblue
            Thanks for the reply. The one who told me this already played the game, and he said that a puzzle would appear once changed to b and w. He said a graphic artist or an app could do this.

Today, 10:41 AM
          • kemingMatters
            Comment on Photography peeps, I need your help!
            kemingMatters
            You might be able to do something with a photocopier, as some colours dropout (yellows) and others turn darker than you'd think
            Today, 10:06 AM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to Photography peeps, I need your help!
            KitchWitch
            Hi Bilberryblue and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
            Today, 09:20 AM
          • KitchWitch
            Reply to ROOTS Logo
            KitchWitch
            Hi Biabarrackus and welcome to GDF.

This thread is over ten years old, but thanks for the input.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain...
            Today, 09:18 AM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X