Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question/Advice

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in my 3rd semester of MGD at my local college, Unfortunately my laptop was recently broken and I'm in need of something fast, My question is along the lines of specifications you all would recommend, such as 8GB or 16GB ram, graphics cards, such. I had a computer at the beginning of my college career that would instantly freeze the minute I would have more then one adobe program open or when I would try to render 3D designs and I'm hoping to avoid that again.

I'm on a students budget and I was issued $1000 for insurance on my last laptop but I don't want to overspend on something I really don't need.

Thanks for any help!

Ben

I bought a computer from a website called Cybertron . Took it about a week to come to me . I got to cherry pick all the components , it runs all adobe programs perfect , even After Effects . It is built as a gaming PC , I bought it for my son. But I have been so impressed with it I am getting one for myself, as I am a graphic design student. Also when we got it I had a couple questions I emailed customer service and they were very quick to respond .

Comment

Hi Il0vemysox and Jpegg and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
      Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• seamas
        Comment on Poster for a school project
        seamas
        I dunno, I think it is worse when the dead headliners DO show up.

Not very sexy imho
        Yesterday, 05:18 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Comment on Looking for the graphic designer of a certain graphic
        PrintDriver
        I'm a creature of necessity. A lot of times the end client will want an actual signed release and a real photo credit, so you have to attempt to find the artist.
        Love doing image research for projects....
        Yesterday, 05:10 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Reply to Work from UK for an US company
        PrintDriver
        All I can suggest is consult a tax expert in the UK. If your company doesn't mind you moonlighting like this, maybe they could suggest someone for you.
        Income is Income and the Gov always seems...
        Yesterday, 05:05 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Comment on Work from UK for an US company
        PrintDriver
        I do business with people in the UK a lot. Because the gig they hire us for is going to be in the US, they time shift their design staff so they are available during US Eastern Time. It's the only way...
        Yesterday, 05:02 PM
      • PrintDriver
        Comment on Poster for a school project
        PrintDriver
        Especially if the headliners aren't going to show up...
        Yesterday, 04:55 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X