Please Critique My Personal Logo Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Critique My Personal Logo Design

​Hi Everyone! I am a student studying Graphic Design and for an assignment we have to create a personal logo for ourselves and apply that logo to business cards, letterheads, etc. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback about my design! Please be harsh on me so that I can improve my design!

Thank you so much for your help! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 2.31.18 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	21465

Yay for business cards and letterheads.
    It's killing me how much graphic design is stuck in the past with these assignments.
    Go one step further and do up a brand standard in addition to this.

Is it E i C or is it EC?
    Why do you put boxes around your contact info that have no real purpose and don't seem to work on any sort of grid?
    Is the logo always on the orange background?
    Is the orange background always a rectangle of business card proportions?

Comment

• ec33
      ec33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, I will change the formatting of the boxes and adjust the vertical line so that the EC is more clear. Thank you so much for your help PrintDriver!

I kind of like it, but you'll never run into a real-life business card with that little information. Your card design has a place for your name, but doesn't say a word about what kind of business or service lies behind the business card, which is sort of the whole point of a business card. Business cards need to look nice, but their reason for being comes first, aesthetics come after that and serves a supporting role. You know, the whole form follows function thing.

Comment

Have tried to entwine the two letters?
      Also having a bottom description of the business might be useful and make things easier.

Comment

Hi ec33 and welcome to GDF.

I moved your thread to the student forum. You will get more appropriate feedback here.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X