GRAPHIC DESIGN DISSERTATION TOPIC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC DESIGN DISSERTATION TOPIC

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. from this semester i am supposed to start with my graphic design dissertation, and i would like to write my dissertation which can be related to Eco-friendly topics, such as sustainability, or advanced technologies. however the topic of Eco-friendly might be too wide, my professor told me, it would be nice if i could specify the topic, the deadline of hand in the topic of my dissertation is on this Friday, so i would like to ask for help of offering me some brilliant ideas. thank you.

Hi Xinwei and welcome to GDF.

I moved your post to the Student Forum, so you can get more appropriate feedback.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Sustainability happens to be a side interest of mine.
      But I only know stuff as it pertains to the wide format arena and also possible relationships to LEED requirements. Just recently finished an exhibit in an LEED building that required we not use volatile inks, that we do use sustainable substrates (in some form or other, sustainable means different things to different people), that the product is either recyclable or has a long duty cycle etc. etc.

Paying lip service to sustainability is the norm these days. Actually implementing it is exceedingly difficult.
      First you have to define it, then you have to make it work in your work flow and your budget.
      Do you focus on recycling? Do you focus on renewable resources? How far up the chain of origin do you go?
      For instance, a media that is recyclable but has to travel from China to Ohio isn't as 'sustainable' as a recyclable media produced in Illinois going to Ohio.

I had a sales rep trying to sell me edge banding to hide the edges on honeycomb board. Not only was the edge banding an adhesive-plastic product (bad combo for recycling,) I'm like, ''What? Are you kidding? The people that buy this board product WANT their clients to see that nasty edge just so they can see for themselves the 'eco-ness' of the product.''

Or latex and UV cured inks being used in low VOC applications.
      Wallcovers in recycled/recyclable materials with latex or UV cured inks is fairly hot.

Or long term product (10-year durability HPL or similar) being used instead of the more common prints adhered to plex (there's that bad adhesive-plastic combo again.)

You'd be surprised these days what you can get LEED points for.
      Sometimes all it takes is for the product to be manufactured within 500 miles of the end location (shipping fuel savings)

Anyway... yeah...
      Define what you mean by ''sustainable'' then go from there.
      Last edited by PrintDriver; 10-03-2017, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X