Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 to A6 Brochure

Hi guys.
    I have to create a depliant that is A2 when totally opened and A6 when folded, so you can read small pages each time.
    How can I do it? Any possibilities?

Thank you.

Hi Andrejpmota and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I needed to look up what a depliant was, and it seems to be a flyer or leaflet in English.

There are only so many way you can fold an A2 sheet of paper into an A6 size, and you're going to end up with 16 A6-sized panels on each side of the A2 sheet if I'm figuring right. It might involve a series of gate folds or, possibly a couple of gate folds and an accordion fold.

But however you choose to do it depends on the nature of the "depliant." Does it need to be completely unfolded to be read? Do the graphic elements all need to be confined to individual panels? Can the graphics and type spread over the folds? At each stage of the unfolding process, is there a separate message.

What I'm really saying here is there's no way to answer your question without knowing the nature of the flyer you're creating.

Another messy little problem is that folds inside of folds always create sizing issues. For example, when you fold a letter into thirds, the inside panel needs to be a little smaller than the outside panel in order for it to fit. When you're dealing with multiple folds, like in your situation, it can turn into a problem that depends on how you choose to fold it and also the thickness of the paper and how well it folds.

Given that it's a difficult problem, you might want to ask your printer. They might even be able to supply you with a folding template.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
        Reply to How they did the drawings like this?
        mixlikes
        For perfect drawing, you need to learn photoshop so that you can give a nice texture to an image. There are lots of tools to edit an image that can be used for many purposes....
        Today, 02:27 AM
      • hank_scorpio
        Reply to I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
        hank_scorpio
        Don't have the new mac book pro.

What type of software are you using? Is it specific for the Mac? What type of work are you doing?

Do you really need a Mac? You can put together...
        Today, 12:59 AM
      • Magical Unicorn
        I apparently "need" to get a new laptop.
        Magical Unicorn
        The laptop I'm writing this post on is *calculating in head* going on 7 years old. It's a well loved 13" white MacBook from when I started high school in 2010. I've vehemently stated that I don't...
        Yesterday, 11:38 PM
      • B
        Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
        B
        As for content, an obvious addition would be the inclusion of several good before-and-after samples of audio that you've cleaned up.
        Yesterday, 06:54 PM
      • RMo
        Reply to Please review my -responsive design- website
        RMo
        Hey,

some quick things:
        • your page is just a tiny bit too wide. There is a scrollbar at the bottom. That shouldn't be there
        • add a favicon
        • there is a massive amount of space after loading
        Yesterday, 03:18 PM
      GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
      Working...
      X