feedback required for 2 and 3D design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback required for 2 and 3D design

Hi , I recently joined this group to find and learn more regarding my graphic course, I designed 2 and 3D stuffs for my uni assessment, I am really appreciated for any feedbacks, the design is related to my artworks and handcrafts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 01-09-2018, 08:25 AM. Reason: removed facebook link

Hi Leila and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I saw the images before the facebook link was removed.

You have a classy office space.
      Why in the world are you using a low end trade show pull up in it?
      Do better than that. You have all kinds of walls suited to 2D artwork. You could put in a solid built shape that matches the decor. Use the space to better show off your handiwork. The pull-up is a cop out and cheapens the office experience.

On the wall logo, yes its buildable. You get points for that.
      However, is it light-able?
      The shapes are deep. Most lighting that would be pre-installed to hit that wall would probably be ceiling units, and would be close to the wall, maybe only 24-30'' out, giving it a very sharp down angle. The depth of the larger letter shapes will more than likely cast a shadow on the shallower small letters below.
      You wont get a yellow reflection on the wall going up. The lighting will focus that down. There would be very little yellow bounce.
      If you intend to front light this at a shallower angle, you are going to have to put in some fixtures further out to show that. And show it in the better lighting on the faces of the letters.

Always consider what your lighting will do to wall elements in space. I found these on the internet:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	shadows1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	21733

Or consider having fun with lighting for effect:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	fun-shadows.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	21734

Last edited by PrintDriver; 01-09-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Many thanks , for your great feedbacks.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kaila58
          Reply to Portfolio critique
          kaila58
          Good point, but in my opinion it's distracting in a portfolio and lacks attention to detail when displaying work.
          Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Portfolio critique
          PrintDriver
          Ha, I noticed the printing and registration marks and thought it refreshing to see a designer who knows to include them....
          Yesterday, 10:00 PM
        • B
          Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
          B
          One of the problems with in-house situations is that, as often as not, the upper management's expertise lies in areas other than marketing, communication or creative. Worse still, is that they don't know...
          Yesterday, 10:00 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Designer input for a card sort activity!
          PrintDriver
          Envato? Really? LOL

Y'all sure this ain't an ad?...
          Yesterday, 09:58 PM
        • PrintDriver
          Reply to Is my job keeping me from doing good work?
          PrintDriver
          This might come across as a snobbish perspective. And I do work in a very weird corner of the design industry, where the theatrical/digital/print world all intersect.
          That said...
          When our...
          Yesterday, 09:51 PM
        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X