Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Pavlo
    Reply to Honest critique for a wedding design
    Pavlo
    Hi PD,
    Thank you. No problem. :-)
    I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't making a specific recommendation for her to use red and black together.
    cheers
    Today, 11:35 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Colors changing in ai when I copy and paste
    PrintDriver
    Before starting any art always check your color space. Going from RGB to CMYK, espcially by just telling Illustrator to do so using the Document Color Mode to just toggle it, will not only screw up your...
    Today, 11:23 AM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    When you compare "insipid" to "strong and bright" it can come off as advice.
    Your research suggestion was in a different paragraph.
    That's how I red it.
    I apologize...
    Today, 11:20 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Print Quality Issues... Am I being swindled?
    PrintDriver
    Like I said, some of the older board machines don't do "small" well.

When doing large format, do not expect "digital" print quality where "digital" means high-end...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • Pavlo
    Pavlo
    Hi there PD,
    Just for the record: I have not given advice to janetm1000 to make it a strong red and black.

My suggestion to her was, "...to do further research into Chinese culture...
    Today, 11:10 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback....

Hi...

Just signed up to this forum. Seems very interesting.

I am a graphic designer that currently works for the music industry, basically putting together album covers (from supplied artwork ), updating websites, creating adverts and occasionally logo designs.

amyway...I am looking to break out of this into something more creative and would love to get a bit of feedback on some of my recent work..

Attached is an example of the kind of thing i do...

I am looking for an outlet for this kind of work ..any ideas?

cheeers!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lokki; 03-03-2006, 10:16 PM.
    Richard Lock Artwork for Music and Media DEVOLUTION DESIGNS - CLICK HERE

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

It's not design. It's illustration. There's a guy around here named evansvisualarts. Search his threads. He's trying to get into illustration too. You can try to get into some of the higher-end imagery sites if your work is reproducible in all formats and isn't what would be termed 'derivative' by copyright standards...

<I'm not saying your art is. I don't know where you may have gotten your imagery is all.>

Comment

cheers

copyright isn t a problem with my work...im careful!!!

Type One Creative, graphic and web design services in the UK TYPE ONE CREATIVE - CLICK HERE

Comment

Actually....why not kill two birds....

I am putting together a site for my freelance graphics work and would love some feedback on the layout/look.. (dont worry i work in the design industry and am well used to taking criticism!!!)

rather than creating another thread can i put it up here?

sorry if this is annoying!

I am looking to create a simple site with Flash animation in the top area (for the home page and the portfolio), and a shop section (I sell tee shirts).

I know there is not much to see but feedback is always a good thing (well nearly)
        Attached Files

Comment

Moved to the Showcase Forum.

Comment

Hehe ^ GDF moving truck.
            pasยทsion
            If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
            -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

aaaaaaaaaah! gradient!!!!

the interface looks fine (save for the gradient) can we see more?
              lurkin'

Comment

I'd force justify the text block

and I'd like to see the lines coming out of the collage o' circles extend across the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Epectasis

Haha

whats wrong with a little gradient huh?

solid colour looked rubbish...... Suggestions
                  Last edited by lokki; 03-03-2006, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epectasis

Yeah. The circle'y' bit is going to kind of creep on from the left and the lines will reach out to the text...]
                    the rest im knocking up in Dreamweaver... Im a DW novice...see you in a year or two!
                    Last edited by lokki; 03-03-2006, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Go for somthing less conventional!
                      I work while you are all asleep...

Comment

Originally posted by lokki
                        Haha

whats wrong with a little gradient huh?

solid colour looked rubbish...... Suggestions
                        haha

well i remember back in school when a teacher used to cringe whenever someone used gradients. mind you, 99% of the times, it was really awful what people used it for. In your case, because it's blue, it's not hard on the eye, so it's fine.

but there's too much blank space there, i feel...you should try to fill up some of it with something...be it a banner or whatever, just so it's not so blank...unless you plan on using that space say when someone rolls over one of your buttons a bunch of stuff happens at the bottom.
                        lurkin'

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X