Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Are you interested in selling your company?
    KitchWitch
    Hi 858 and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:28 AM
  • thebombman53
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    thebombman53
    I know of those sites - I actually have profiles on them. The point of building it myself is to give me practice with web design. Again, why I'm here asking for criticism. If you have any feedback, it...
    Today, 01:02 AM
  • Buster_
    Reply to Portfolio Site Design
    Buster_
    I can appreciate that you're trying to build your site from scratch, but why not use a portfolio hosting site that offers free templates until you're more comfortable with web design? There are plenty...
    Today, 12:05 AM
  • salsa
    Reply to Getting started...
    salsa
    If you're not sure you're making enough, figure out you income per hour and take into account all your expenses and overhead and blah blah blah. It takes some time to put together the spreadheets, or...
    Today, 12:02 AM
  • salsa
    Comment on Crit on my first business card? No client, experimental.
    salsa
    em: —
    en: –
    hypehn: -
    Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My company logo... need some feedback

Hi,

I've just finished my studies and before I find a job I was looking at starting my own business/website.

I have registered the business name Spectrum Graphic Design and all that's left to do is create my brand and start advertising.

What I have come up with is the following- Let us know what you think.

Attachment
    Attached Files

Welcome killa1!

When you get settled, we ask all new members to have a thorough read through these important threads with our rules, FAQs and inside jokes. Enjoy your stay!
    Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Will do.

How do I go about editing my post? I would like to use a smaller image.

Comment

You should be able to just delete it and reattach a different image. Users have a certain amount of time within to edit posts - I believe it's a hour - after that it is locked in.

The size is not an issue for me. It's kinda nice to be able to see every detail. Just MHO
        Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

Is this the actual logo or the reversed out version?

What will this logo look like when printed on a white page?
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

On white paper it will look like this- Attachment

Attached Files

Comment

Personally, I'd reduce the space between the CTR and not use italics for the "GRAPHIC DESIGN" words. Overall, though, it's nice, but looks a little like something more akin to automotive aesthetics than what a typical graphic designer might be inclined to use. And yeah, the color spectrum bar, of course, is going to get lost in B&W or greyscale, but still, the logo would work in a simplified version.

I'd be willing to bet, however, that there are a hundreds of design and printing businesses in existence with the word Spectrum in their names. For that matter, I know one here in town. If it were me, I'd be heading in a unique direction that emphasized that I am a designer specializing in original thinking. I'm just not sure that an obvious and expected word like "spectrum" does this.

Comment

• Buda
                Buda commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a good point. It is very generic towards the word Spectrum. Replace the strapline with any other kind business and you've got yourself an instant new logo.

I hear you about the name.... I guess I just wanted something safe. Nothing is concrete I'm open to changing it.

Comment

I have taken on board your help- Here are the changes you suggested. Attachment

Though I do think maybe I should come up with a more creative name as you said.
                Attached Files

Comment

Is this meant to be retro? Looks a lot like the Sinclair Spectrum logo, that behemoth of computing ingenuity from my youth.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't see any similarity between my logo and that pic u uploaded.

Comment

I'll take that as a 'no' then. They don't have to be identical. It's like when they remake a film from the '80s. They polish the logo, but keep the same basic format. Geometric lettering with a colour spectrum. Similar to me, obviously not to you.

Comment

Print it in one color and see how it works.

Although I have to say the logo reminds me a lot of this:

http://brokenspokedesign.com

Comment

• stendhal
                          stendhal commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh my God. I wasted almost 15 minutes to remember the name of these vitamins, which I used to see very hour on the television, to come and find that you already posted it!

Thanks for the feedback... I've decided to go with a different name something more unique. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by killa1 View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback... I've decided to go with a different name something more unique. Thanks for the help.
                          Hello,

I am a member here for about...2 days. In these days, I learned quite a lot of stuff.
                          One of these are, if you want to find a great logo for your company then you should get a notebook/notepad/sketchbook and start brainstorming and sketching. You must make dozens of sketches until you find the one you like.
                          PanToshi had posted this link: http://www.davidairey.com/personal-l...sign-sketches/

Best Regards

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X