Car Mechanics Logo Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Mechanics Logo Feedback

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Hi I just put together this logo for a local Car Mechanics. Just wanted to get some feedback on the logo design.

I also presented 7 other completely different concepts and am charging $X for the final. Please let me know what you think of the design and pricing, cheers.
    [/COLOR]

http://s725.photobucket.com/user/Lan...bksuo.jpg.html
    Last edited by KitchWitch; 12-05-2016, 09:34 PM. Reason: fixed link, no pricing discussion

Hi Lance and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Looks more like an airline logo to me. Very clean, though.

Comment

I like the look, very nice, very clean... but the circle looks like a motorcycle tire to me, which makes it look more like a bike repair shop, not cars.

Comment

Generic and trendy. The badge trend will end. Eventually.
          Ditto on the tire looking like a motorcycle or bike shop.

Comment

Cheers for the Constructive Crit guys, appreciate it!

The client insisted on have some sort of Wings incorporated
            and same with a Tyre so i just tried to make their vision work.
            I agree the tyre does give off that motorcycle look a bit but i didn't
            think it was too much of an issue due to the guide lines given.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Pattison View Post
              ... the tyre does give off that motorcycle look a bit but i didn't think it was too much of an issue due to the guide lines given.
              My advice would be to re-jig that line of thinking somewhat. If you only ever design "to the guide lines given," you'll find yourself bastardizing lifted graphics of super heroes and replacing their heads with computer monitors, and other homerun-hitting, client-conceived tripe.

Your relationship to the client and the brief must be more consultative than that. You must bring a level of expertise to the table that the client doesn't otherwise have. Until that's how you practice branding design, you're only as good as a secretary with Powerpoint. If the tire adds ambiguity, it's bad for the brand, and it's your responsibility to communicate, illustrate, and prove that, verbally and via your proposals.
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice guys, really appreciate it!

The type became a bit too small in my opinion when the logo was shrunk down to the T-Shirt pocket size. I also wanted to make the tyre more like a car tyre, so I put this concept together. They were pretty strong on the tyre and wing concept so i put together another logo which would incorporate them while staying on the guide lines of the brief and tried to make it look appealing to their target audience.

Please let me know your thoughts?

Cheers!

Comment

No hierarchy. All the linework, including the letters are pretty much the same weight.

Comment

I like the graphic part, but the text feels unconnected. Like Print Driver said everything is the same weight.

Comment

That was the intention... All line work to be the same weight, to give it an overall Geometric Contemporary look. I get that in most cases it works well to have hierarchy incorporated but didn't think it was necessary in this design. Although I agree that the type could be push up slightly to make it look more connected. Cheers for the feedback guys. Anymore feedback would be greatly appreciated

Comment

I just don't get car mechanic from the logo.

Maybe it's the name...which you have no say in.

What is the shop's primary function? I would assume it's fixing cars, but if I take the name away and just look at the symbol of the tires and lines, I don't get a car mechanic shop. If I add the name then I get even more confused thinking this is some sort of auto school.

Comment

"I don't get ___fill in blank with client product___ from this logo"
                          Why does this have to be the case with the logo bug?
                          Apple Computer doesn't sell produce...

Comment

• HotButton
                            HotButton commented
                            Editing a comment
                            True, but their stuff IS kinda fruity.

• calebninja
                            calebninja commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You raise a good point but I do think it's unfair to compare Apple to a car mechanic shop. Apple has built their identity over time on a global scale. I'm simple thinking of someone who needs repairs on their car and they see that logo. Are they immediately going to think "repair shop" or will they think something else?

• PrintDriver
                            PrintDriver commented
                            Editing a comment
                            It was the first example I could come up with. LOL.
                            But I don't see a lot of plumbers with poop in their logo or designers with lightbulbs and computer screens.
                            The reason I didn't like the identical lineweight on the name and the logo bug was for the reason that the name needs to be a part of this logo but it needs to stand out for brand recognition. The whole thing is too stereotypically trendy Flat design. That stuff bores me to tears.

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Troep
                          What does this look like?
                          Troep
                          Today, 05:26 AM
                        • John G
                          Reply to [LOGO] Please critique my logo
                          John G
                          Oltek?
                          is what I got, with a neat icon.
                          Maybe Ooltek, but the V never registered. Too different from the rest of the logo font I'm guessing.

^^^ everything Print and B said, man...
                          Today, 04:28 AM
                        • mixlikes
                          Reply to Should I change my brand name?
                          mixlikes
                          As per my opinion don't change brand name. Because through brand people know you. Brand name makes you popular and brings new customers for your business.
                          Today, 03:59 AM
                        • John G
                          Quick and Dirty 3ds tutorials.
                          John G
                          Well, job changes come around and all.
                          So I might be changing from web-dev to freaking 3DS and Maya (I've long lost whatever network card my copy of Maya was saved to, grr, (still have my lightwave...
                          Today, 03:42 AM
                        • John G
                          Reply to Tips for my website
                          John G
                          well, 933px width on the footer looks off. My QA guys would give me hell about 'outline:0'. And there's some weird crap happening with error messaging in the map.
                          QA would also give me crap about...
                          Today, 02:04 AM
                        GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                        Working...
                        X