LOGO DESIGN AND BUSINESS CARD FEEDBACK PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOGO DESIGN AND BUSINESS CARD FEEDBACK PLEASE

Hey guys, just wanting some feedback on this Logo and Business Card I designed for a local Hair Salon.
    They wanted to improve their old Logo and Business Card as it was quite out dated, so I aimed to put a
    more contemporary and minimal spin on it. All constructive crit and feedback appreciated, cheers!

Comment

Did you draw the mirror?
      Very nice!

On the business card ''presentation'' I'm not sure what the reflection is in the gold side of the top pile of cards, but it isn't reflecting anything else in the shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Pattison View Post
        ...I aimed to put a more contemporary and minimal spin on it.
        Far from modern, the mirror looks downright ornate and Victorian. I'm not saying it's not good -- just not exactly what I'd consider contemporary if that's your objective.

Comment

While the mirror looks victorian in execution, the filigrees are more tribal tat like.
          That's why I asked if the OP drew it.
          Thought it looked to be a good mix.

Comment

What about the back? Curious how you handled the info.

Comment

Maybe "contemporary" wasn't the best choice of words, 'cause it ain't that; at least not what I consider contemporary to be.

That said, I really like the logo. If the mirror is original, it's very nicely done; interesting and "pretty" without over the top or out of bounds. If it's not original, that's a shame because it's probably not legal.

I'd really like to see the design without the mockup crap; just straight black on white. It looks well executed, but any real judgements about the detail work and typography are hampered by the angle-fakage. I get that clients dig the mockup thing, but I hate it. Something tells me the mirror isn't the best relative size...yet I couldn't say whether I'd make it larger or smaller...and of course, I could just be wrong.
              I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback and constructive crit, yes I created the mirror myself.

Although I wanted to keep the Business Card nice and clean, I feel the back is lacking something...
                The "YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT IS:" type just doesn't seam to work that well. Any thoughts and
                suggestions regarding the back would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys!

Comment

• B
                  B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well, you could make the back black so that it better matches the front. Of course the appointment couldn't be written with a regular pen, but that could be solved by providing your client with a few gold ink gel pens that would add additional flair to the card. It might be overkill, but a satin finish on the cards with varnish on the glass part of the mirror might be worth exploring since you're also exploring extras like edge painting the cards.

Comment

Thanks heaps for the helpful constructive crit B! You mentioned some great
                  ideas which I incorporated when I was refining the type on the back. I think
                  the modifications worked well and the satin finish on the cards with varnish
                  on the glass part of the mirror will definitely be something I will mention to the
                  client too. Here's the final mockup, any constructive crit would be great. Cheers.

Comment

Looks nice, i love the ornate design of the mirror and font. But have these business cards been printed yet? The white background is fine on the back, i don't think the gold pen idea is good. Someone is gonna lose a pen and result in no one being able to write on them!

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• mixlikes
                      Reply to ​What is your favorite forum software?
                      mixlikes
                      Favorite forum software:
                      1. phpBB
                      2. MyBB
                      3. Vanilla Forum
                      4. XenForo
                      5. Simple Machines Forum
                      Today, 03:43 AM
                    • Caleson
                      Reply to Questions about Business Cards, Self Promotion
                      Caleson
                      Actually, I was referring to applying for employment. I'm kind of mixed on whether or not it would be a good idea, but I think overall, if the card is pretty creative, it could serve as a memorable token....
                      Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                    • fredz0003
                      Logo critique for my personal blog
                      fredz0003
                      Hi, I am new to this forum. A bit about myself I am a programmer, and trying to build a professional looking blog. I've done web dev before, but I've never considered myself the artistic type. I followed...
                      Yesterday, 04:57 PM
                    • B
                      Reply to Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
                      B
                      Of the options you mentioned, upgrading the RAM will make the most difference for the cost. Eight megabytes of RAM is almost a bare minimum when working with Adobe's graphics applications -- 16 is even...
                      Yesterday, 04:56 PM
                    • mrturner
                      Any Tech Geeks please help me?!
                      mrturner
                      I am currently doing my graphics design work on my laptop which specs are listed below, It really does struggle to handle software like photoshop and illustrator. Do I, upgrade RAM? An 8GB ram stick for...
                      Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                    Working...
                    X