X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Thinking is not a Crime

Hello everybody.
    Haven't done artwork for months.
    Here's what i did for a adverts usage maybe.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	think.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	20671

C&C?

At a glance, the light bulb looks like a bullet traveling through someones head as if they put a gun in their mouth. I don't think that the mushroom cloud is helping whatever message you are trying to get across.

Comment

• calebninja
      calebninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.

It might be a crime in the upcoming Trumpocalypse.

Comment

Adverts usage?
      Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Hm... I like the initial concept and the message but the execution could maybe use some work. Just from a first look, there are a lot of elements I don't think you need. Like designzombie said, the mushroom cloud isn't 100% necessary, but I'd also argue that the pointing finger and the star graphics aren't either. Another thing I see is the differences in your font choice. My bet is that if you stuck to maybe one or two fonts, your image would look a bit more cohesive.

Overall, it's a solid start though! The colors are great and the composition is strong. Excited to see where you take it from here!

Comment

Originally posted by Dungiov View Post
          Here's what i did for a adverts usage maybe.
          Specific advertising objectives must be determined before an ad is designed to accomplish them, not the other way around.

As for the artwork, you have artistic talent and a sense of style, but your concept and aesthetic choices are those of an adolescent, which is fine if you're 16 or 17. Professionally, though, nope, your tastes aren't going to make the cut until they mature a bit more. Your opinions and concerns are showing through in your work, which is great for a personal, fine arts project meant to express oneself, but it's not suitable for professional, client-oriented design and illustration.

Your concept in this work strikes me as a visually interesting version of those insipid inspirational images people post on Facebook that are always accompanied by superficially impressive-sounding bits of written pablum that actually mean next to nothing.

"Different thinking is not crime." Who said that it was a crime? For that matter, Apple's hugely successful "Think Different" ad campaign was built upon the very assumption of different thinking being a positive quality that would resonate with potential buyers.

Your particular quote and imagery, on the other hand, comes across as the whiny angst of a socially awkward teenager who's frustrated that his thoughts, actions and priorities aren't being understood, appreciated or taken seriously. Then again, maybe that was your objective, in which case you succeeded.

Comment

@designzombie Haha, really it looks like a bullet! I didn't saw that. The mushroom idea was to recall for an explosion of ideas. I haven't inlcuded many thoughts in the text.

@sno0ze_ For the pointing finger i agree. You are right! The star was supposed to be an "A", but it seems it was a bad realisation. I will use that advice about the fonts, thanks. Thanks for the critique!

@
            B I wrote that , because i want to learn online marketing, too aswell and combine them. Thanks for the monition.
            For bad news i'm not that years old and i feel backward now. I hope this forum helps me to succeed that.
            Can you advice me how can i improve myself to forward professional way? I will really appreaciate this.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
              Reply to Logo Design Does Not Meet Standards
              PrintDriver
              Since you are not a designer, my suggestion for a fix would be to find a local pro to work it up for you.
              On the other hand, if the company owner is happy with it, changing it up is probably not...
              Today, 03:49 PM
            • salsa
              salsa
              May be just my screen, but the yellow is really hard to see against the gray. I had to zoom in to see that it was an exclamation and graduation hat.

I hate how the hat was placed on the...
              Today, 02:17 PM
            • nikko
              Reply to What font, similar?
              nikko
              nvm found it
              it's handel gothic
              Today, 01:16 PM
            • HotButton
              HotButton
              Well, for one thing, the colors will have to be different, but even if you had posted this in all-black, I'd have said this:

When a logo is text only, (which this is, for all intents and...
              Today, 12:47 PM
            • KitchWitch
              KitchWitch
              Hi Jishan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
              Today, 12:32 PM
            GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
            Working...
            X