Logo Design Does Not Meet Standards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Design Does Not Meet Standards

So I recently started working for a company and due to emergency situations, I had to cookup a company logo from a jpeg file the company had. What I made and the company had are pretty similar and presented below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Logo.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	20913

Please realise that I am no professional graphics designer, yet even to me, this logo feels, well odd. Is there any ratio, design tips, ideas etc. to make this logo more pleasing to the eyec? What Have I (and the previous designer) got wrong? Thanks.
    P.S. This my first question here, I hope I am in the right forum!

Attached Files

Hi Jishan and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

Well, for one thing, the colors will have to be different, but even if you had posted this in all-black, I'd have said this:

When a logo is text only, (which this is, for all intents and purposes), the personality of the font becomes the personality of the identity.

The personality of this font is . . . awkward.

So the logo looks awkward.

You might be able to make that font work if it was expertly kerned, or at least not tracked so loosely, or if there was some sort of weight variation introduced, but inescapably, it's pedestrian, monotone, uninteresting, unworthy, and a terrible choice.
      I'd rather be killed than come to your party, but if you don't invite me, I'll kill myself.

Comment

May be just my screen, but the yellow is really hard to see against the gray. I had to zoom in to see that it was an exclamation and graduation hat.

I hate how the hat was placed on the "o". The typeface looks serious, but the hat looks goofy. It's like the company is bipolar.

Comment

• PrintDriver
          PrintDriver commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not just your screen.
          Very poor color choice.

Since you are not a designer, my suggestion for a fix would be to find a local pro to work it up for you.
        On the other hand, if the company owner is happy with it, changing it up is probably not an option.

Comment

I think one of the problems with the logo is using yellow as the 2nd color for the graduation hat and excl mark. At a small size the yellow elements read like a smear of paint. I simply could not recognise what they were until I looked at a much enlarged version. This makes it difficult for your audience to read how you want the logo to read, esp. at a small size.

Also, the hat hanging on the 'O' feels kind of awkward.

I don't have a problem with the typeface itself, the issue is how it's used in the context of a logo. To me at least, there is nothing about it that makes it interesting.

p.s. What language is "Dsontum Esucation"? Google translate did not even recognise it.

Comment

As already mentioned by others, the yellow is a big problem, I did discover another issue that is not obvious to everyone, there is a pattern hidden behind, it is a bit strange as it does not seem to be static,

Last edited by KitchWitch; 04-04-2017, 11:23 AM. Reason: Removed image - don't alter other's work; removed link to blog

Comment

That moire pattern seems to be jpg compression artifacts.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X