Logo Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logo Advice

Creating a new logo for a tech consulting start up called Opolo group. I thought of a pretty creative direction that involves it looking a little similar to binary code, but the "p" may not look like a "p". I am concerned about its legibility, but I like the look of this.

What do you guys think? Are there any alternatives I may to able to explore?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opolo_logo-01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	20990
    Attached Files

Hi Asukadesu and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

I don't see a 'P' in either option.
      Sketching not only helps you work out good ideas, it helps you get past the bad ones.

Comment

I think you have a good concept, and the rhythm of the letters as you've set them is really cool and interesting. However, I don't think it's going to work -- it's not at all readable/clear what the name of the company is. Push it further, there's something there. It would still read "binary" if you bring that second line up to the baseline and move a circle to its top to create the "p" shape ... maybe make some kind of abstract pattern with that... and set the company name in a more readable way as a separate entity. Just a thought! Good luck.
        You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on. --GWB

Comment

Looking at your concept, I think you definitely have the right thought process going. You may be overstating the need for the two independent shapes by keeping the kerning (spacing) uniformly consistent and rigid. Try closing the kerning for the "p". Your concept will still maintain it's uniqueness, but keep in mind that messaging and communication of intent are just as critical. Another thing that may help is to enlarge the first "o" to take up the full vertical space while maintaining the line thickness and then justifying the "p" shapes to the topmost edge of the letter "l". Just a thought, may not work, but you have a good start...

Comment

Hi Billz and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every new member to read them. Your first few posts will be moderated, so don't panic if they don't show up immediately. Enjoy your stay.
            Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Comment

ojoolo
              Keep Saturn in Saturnalia.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• KitchWitch
                Reply to 3D view of a logo
                KitchWitch
                Hi Closer and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 01:44 PM
              • KitchWitch
                Reply to Hi there, pixels!
                KitchWitch
                Hi Nomorext and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
                Today, 01:41 PM
              • Appmacguy
                Reply to Hi there, pixels!
                Appmacguy
                Hey there! From Leicester here and happy to give you any tips or advice you might find useful about the area, UK and places where jobs might be found.

Have to let me know what Iím particular...
                Today, 01:36 PM
              • nomorext
                Hi there, pixels!
                nomorext
                Just saying hi from North Carolina, USA. Moving shortly to Leicestershire UK. Anyone local for tips about finding a job in our field over there?
                Today, 12:54 PM
              • Glitchin
                Reply to 3D view of a logo
                Glitchin
                Google: free logo mockup psd and you will find what you're looking for. If you look around that exact mock up is available for free. I have it myself but I can't think where I got it....
                Today, 12:45 PM
              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
              Working...
              X